Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
460
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,239

A LIttle Perspective

Summary:

Calleigh gives Horatio a little perspective

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

"Why did you bring me out here again?" Horatio asked Calleigh as she shook the blanket onto the sand before kicking off her shoes and sitting on the soft cotton.

"Because you need some perspective, Horatio," Calleigh looked up to him, squinting from the last tendrils of sunlight reflecting off the ocean, "Sit down," She patted the blanket beside her.

He sat down beside her in silent surrender. She moved to his feet and slipped off his shoes.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting you to relax. Now hush," She smiled with a wink. She removed his socks and moved the blanket back. She placed his feet flat on the sand.

"Calleigh..."

"I said shush," She warned him as she sat facing him, "Close your eyes, Horatio, and just listen to what's around you."

Horatio took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"Now tell me, what do you hear?" She urged as she watched him. The gentle ocean breeze playing gently through his red hair, softening his hardened features for a brief moment.

"I hear the water," He replied, "I hear gulls. I hear the palms rustling in the breeze."

"Yes, there's all that. But I want you to concentrate. Focus on the sounds. Then tell me what you hear again."

Horatio furrowed his brow.

"Horatio, stop that," She demanded as she pressed the wrinkle from his brow with a forefinger, "You're supposed to be relaxing. Now just do it."

"Yes, boss lady," He teased before he did as she asked. He listened to the sounds around him once again, "What am I supposed to be hearing?"

Calleigh groaned as she touched his cheek. He opened his eyes to meet hers.

"You're supposed to hear life, Horatio. The gulls, the palm, even the ocean. All of it is alive. You need to remember that you are too," She brushed a fingertip over his cheek, "You think you're walking this road alone, but you aren't. I'm right here with you, Horatio. Every step of the way."

Horatio's eyes moved to the sand. His lips broke a gentle smile, "I don't deserve a friend like you."

"No, you probably don't," She teased him as a smile grew over her features, "But you're stuck with me anyway."

"So why here?" He asked as he looked at the sunset before him.

She moved to sit beside him and curled against his side, "Because it's the most beautiful place I could think of, and it's quiet...except for the life all around."

Horatio looked at her as the ocean breeze played havoc with her blond hair. He smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "Thank you for this, Calleigh."

"Anytime," Calleigh looked up to him and gently pressed a kiss to his lips, "Anytime."

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author TinGA.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.