Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
266
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,118

Love Is Stupid

Summary:

(Pre-Vamp Issue #27) Brainy kissed Lyle in front of...everyone. That has turned out to be one of the least intelligent things he has ever done. Possibly also the most intelligent thing. Possibly.

Work Text:

Love Is Stupid

Stupid, stupid, stupid... Querl Dox had never had occasion to call himself anything less than extremely intelligent before, but right now it seemed the most fitting taxonomy for his actions. Whatever could have possibly possessed him to kiss Lyle Norg in front of half a dozen of their teammates? Even if it was on the cheek, and could possibly be construed as friendly... He was friendly to no one, and only an idiot wouldn't realize why he'd done it... But aside from him and Lyle, the Legion was apparently filled with idiots. And he wasn't too sure about himself, right now. What could possibly have caused him to abandon what little sanity he could lay claim and reveal his feelings in such a manner? Well, he knew the answer to that. But that wasn't helping him in his present situation. He had acted so rashly, without even thinking. He was so stupid. ... Then again, an hour after their reunion, Lyle Norg had tracked him down to his lab, shoved him up against the wall, and proceeded to give him a kiss. One that could definitely not be considered simply friendly. One not at all chaste, with lots of lips, and teeth, and more tongue than any human should have, and... Querl swallowed hard, and tried to will his unruly appendage into submission. Just like trying to will his ever-growing feelings for Lyle away, it didn't work. Maybe he wasn't stupid for having kissed Lyle, but this 'love' business certainly made him feel like a novice.