Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,036
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
913

More Than Enough

Summary:

Response to PEJA's first line challenge..."(insert name) [isn't] thinking about sex when..."
Feedback: Yes, please. How else will I improve?
Spoilers: SG1 S8 ep. "New Order" and SG Atlantis ep. "Rising"
Notes: Sorry if this is out-of-character and well, generally not
very good. This is my first time *ever* writing anything related to Stargate. Bear with me

Work Text:

More Than Enough
by C. Harper

 

John isn't thinking about sex when he presses his second-in-command against the wall of the aptly named 'Puddle Jumper'. He isn't thinking about anything other than making Lt. Aiden Ford understand that, no matter what anyone says about him, what anyone thinks of him, Major John Sheppard does not take his job, his duty, lightly.

"Don't ever decide to play hero again." John whispers, resisting the urge to grab the younger man and shake him. Slap him. Do *something* to make the kid understand that, while what he did saved John's ass from becoming a Wraith happy meal, it doesn't mean it was the *right* thing to do. "You could have been killed."

"No, sir, I don't believe I would have been."

"Ford, there was a Wraith fixing to make me into dried out jerky. You saw the Colonel."

He regrets saying it the moment it comes out of his mouth but he's not going to take it back. Not for a second. He needs Ford to 'get it'. Seconds pass as John's sure the kid's going to stand there looking at him, body pressed tightly against the wall, tee shirt and jacket being reflexively squeezed and released in his hands but the seconds pass just as quickly as they came and suddenly Aiden's lips are twitching into the briefest of smiles.

"You're welcome."

John blinks, glacing down at the younger man's lips before looking back into eyes that are nearly black beneath the shade of the man's cover. "What?"

Another twitch of Aiden's lips and John can't help but flex his fingers in the mussed fabric of his 2IC's uniform. Bits of dirt scrape against his fingers from where Teyla told Sheppard she had shoved Ford down and out of the path of the Wraith Dart's beam when Ford had been fighting off the illusions the Wraith's had projected.

His fingers clenched again. He hasn't known Ford long. Hell, the most he knew about the Lieutenant a few hours ago was that he was one of Sumner's men. Which did jack to endear him to John but here and now, on this ship, in this galaxy and with Sumner's dried body more than likely being tossed out like a piece of garbage, all he can think is Lt. Ford is *his* responsibility. One of *his* men. His to take care of and make sure he gets out alive.

A wave of something rolls through John's stomach making him swallow thickly and force the need to start shaking and not stop away. This isn't the time to flip out. This isn't the time to do anything other than making the kid understand, he could have been killed for John. With John. They both could have been killed.

"I said, you're welcome...sir."

They could have been worse than killed. They could have ended up like Sumner -- on their knees, screaming as year after year of their life is sucked away.

"Dammit Ford, this isn't a fucking game." He murmurs despite the fact that there really isn't a need to be quiet. They're alone; the only ones in the Puddle Jumper much less the spaceship bay. Everyone else is off doing their respective 'jobs'. "It isn't."

Right now, Weir is probably still trying to set up some kind of command post near the Atlantis gate room. Something of which everyone knows is vital but having problems setting up due to the abundance of distractions laid out around them. The amount of advanced technology has the scientist foaming at the mouth and the beauty has everyone else dazed. Even Weir can't control the awe the lost city is inspiring.

McKay and Beckett...those two John isn't even going to waste thinking about because it's just too damn obvious, even to him.

As for anyone else -- soldiers, scientists and refugees alike -- they are all more than likely searching through Atlantis trying to figure out just exactly how big this place is. There are rooms upon rooms, places upon places, to go that make up their new home and world.

"I know it's not, sir. I didn't walk through the gate thinking it
was."

Sheppard grimaces at the bite behind those words. Out of the two of them, Ford has more experience going through the gate. He's been through the Stargate, he's been on missions that, until a few days ago, John would have thought would only be seen in science fiction movies. He didn't even know if going through that gate would friggin hurt, for crying out loud!

"Wraith's are gonna be gunning for your ass, don't you get that?" He mumbles, loosening his hold slightly and taking a deep breath. He never felt old before, even during that shitty mission that almost got him a dishonorable discharge because he 'bent' the rules to save one of his men, but right now he's feeling old and out of his depth.

Fucking Pegasus galaxy. Fucking blue-people-eater friggin Wraiths. Fucking flip of the freaking coin that got him here.

"Sir, with all due respect, I'd rather you be gunning for my ass..."

And, John has no fucking clue what to say about that but he'll be damned if he isn't thinking about sex now. Sex with his second-in-command. Sex with Aiden. Right here in the back of the VTOL Puddle Jumper. Jesus, it's been too friggin long since he's been with someone; since he's been anything but alone.

"Really?" He asks, voice dropping even lower now that he suddenly can't look away from Ford's lips. It really has been too friggin long.

"Well, I think I'd like it a lot more. A hell of a lot more, sir."

Aiden's answer is barely a movement of lips but it's more than enough for John, he's still staring at the man's lips . Oh yeah, more than enough.

 

FIN