Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-07-10
Words:
3,673
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
2,362

Trust

Summary:

Season 4, Tony has been kidnapped by Mandy. Jack's POV

Chapter 1: Trust complete

Notes:

Rating: T
Warnings: Pre Slash, a little violence, some cursing.
Summary: Tony has been grabbed by Mandy and Jack is tracking them down. Near the end of season 4
Note: My first 24 story. Hope you like it. I did it sort of quickly so please excuse any mistakes! Feedback please!
Okay, here is a short Jack and Tony story. I may expand on it later. This is from Jack's point of view from when Tony got grabbed by Mandy.

Chapter Text

Trust
by Willow


This was my fault. If I hadn't called him earlier to ask for his help none of this would have happened. But he's the only one I trusted, the only one I knew would help me. Is this how I repaid his loyalty, his friendship?

Friendship. It's amazing we ever became friends seeing how it all started. Nina. The one who started every bad thing in my life actually started something good. Our friendship started with someone we could both hate, someone who had betrayed us both.

I couldn't say when it changed for me. Not exactly. I think I admitted it to myself when Stephen Saunders let that virus loose in the hotel. I know Tony was worried about Michelle, I was too. But I couldn't help thinking what if it had been Tony who had been exposed? What would I do? The thought pierced my heart like a bullet. But I couldn't tell him. How could I look Tony in the eye and tell him I loved him? Maybe if I had thought I had a chance with him, that he might feel the same and not punch me out. But he loved Michelle. And I only wanted the best for him.

Now I had gotten him involved in this fucking mess and that crazy bitch Mandy had kidnapped him. Thank God we had figured out she hadn't blown them both up. I had been frantic but I refused to believe Tony was dead. But where were they? Did everyone I love have to pay the price?

"Agent Bauer, we found fresh blood outside apartment 208." The radio interrupted my thoughts.

Curtis and I rushed to the apartment. I saw a trail of blood leading away from the door. Tony had left us a sign, I just knew it. We followed it down the stairs to a parking garage. I saw her with a gun to Tony's head.

"Don't move. Drop the gun. It's over." I yelled.

"Take one more step and I'll kill him." She stood behind Tony, making it impossible for me to get a shot.

"Do it, Jack. Do what you have to do."

I stared at Tony. Willing him to read my mind.

"Shut up." She said to Tony. "Do you really have what it takes to kill him while you're looking him in the eye?"

I glared at her. She didn't know me at all. But she would. I'd make her pay for this.

"Yes."

Her eyes widened and she gripped Tony tighter. "I believe you. So what's to stop me from shooting him?"
She stared at me and then smiled. "You can't...kill me....can you? You need me."

I could see Curtis working his way behind her, staying low. He nodded when he was in position.

"Tony." I only said his name but he knew what I wanted him to do.

Tony moved. He elbowed her and then dropped. It knocked her off balance and Curtis came behind her. He punched her in the face, knocking her out. I moved to unlock Tony's handcuffs and helped him up.

"Look at me." I moved him against the car, my hands cupping his face. "You okay? You okay?" I grinned at him.

"Yeah."

I couldn't stop smiling. "Tony....I...." I don't know what my face showed but Tony slowly smiled.

"I know, Jack. I do too."

I felt my mouth drop open. What did he know? What emotions had I let slip?

"Get me that medic, now!" I barked at Curtis, trying to cover my confusion.

"Does Michelle know I'm alive?"

"No, not yet. I'll call CTU on my cell." I stumbled over the words.

"Thanks." Tony smiled and somehow it calmed me.

I quickly dialed the phone and gave it to him. I moved away to give him some privacy but I watched him as he talked to Michelle. Telling her he loved her. But he kept his eyes locked on mine, smiling. It was like he was talking to me. I couldn't look away. His eyes held me in place though I wanted to run. He couldn't feel the same. Could he?


The End?