Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
657
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
12
Hits:
2,403

Resurge Superbowl Halftime Commercial--Cat Olympics

Summary:

Fandom: Original
Sequel/Series: A sort of missing scene for Learning, Leather, and Love: Revelation.
Status: Finished
Archive: Yes
Disclaimer: This is an original and copyrighted work. The product advertised is an invention of the author, and to the best of her knowledge, the name has not been used for any existing product or service.
Rating: General
Notes: In 3L: Revelation it is revealed that William's business includes a small advertising division, which was responsible for creating a Super Bowl halftime commercial for a sports/energy drink called Resurge. This is it.
More notes: Hammer: in track and field, object for throwing: a heavy metal ball attached to a handle of flexible wire, thrown in an athletics field event
Formatting: (Is for things such as stage direction and camera angles) *actions* "Speech", and plain text is written text.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Resurge Superbowl Halftime Commercial--Cat Olympics
by Scribe

(Screen begins black, then text appears)
Through the years the sports arena has been a leading place where prejudices are defeated.

(Montage of stills of all different sorts of athletes, all races, sexes, and ages, including disabled athletes and Special Olympic athletes, all striving and triumphing, is flashed behind the text)

Some day one of the last great prejudices--speciesism--will fall in the greatest sports competition of all.

(Olympic rings appear on screen, accompanied by the Olympic theme. Must be very stirring) (Music of some sort will play through entire commercial, till pause after high jump)

(Clip of the entry parade of Olympic athletes, looking very smart in their team uniforms.) (Camera moves in for medium shot, from shoulders up as they pass by, smiling at the camera) (suddenly there's a gap in the line) (camera drops down) (it's a cat, marching along in line, wearing little team hat). (Quick shots of several different nationality teams, each with their own cat athletes, dressed in modified team uniforms)

(On the track, athletes in track uniforms are getting in position for a race. One athlete looks down and to side) (camera follows his gaze) (there's a cat, doing that back leg stretch) (shot of starter lifting pistol) (back to cat, who goes into a crouch, but wiggling, head down)(back to athlete) (gun goes off, and he pounds away down the track, straining) (shot on his legs pumping) (cat streaks past him, looking like he has all four legs off the ground at once)

(Shot of medal awards podium) (cat is in first place, having gold medal hung around his neck) (other athletes are to sides for silver and bronze, looking either amazed or pissed) (As American anthem is played, cat sits up on hind legs, waving paws)

(Shot of field events) (close up of hammer on grass) (hammer is approached by beautiful Russian Blue cat, which sniffs at handle) (shot of three athletes, at least one or two of them Americans, looking down and over, obviously watching cat) (they look amused, chuckling) (suddenly look surprised) (heads rotate, as if watching something spin) (whooshing sound) (their heads whip to the side, as if watching something fly)

(Another shot of the medal podiums) (This time the Russian Blue cat is receiving the gold, and the Russian anthem plays) (Silver and Bronze winners look absolutely STUNNED)

(Shot of high jump area) (American athlete is getting pep talk from coach) (American athlete spends a few seconds checking height of bar, pacing off distances, stretching, etc.) (Athlete gets set) (Athlete SPRINTS!) (Athlete leaps) (As athlete soars upward, quick cut...) (to ground level view of landing sandpit) (suddenly what looks like a hundred cats of all sizes and colors--chirping, mewing, and purring--boil up out of the pit and scatter everywhere, some of them pausing a split second to shake sand off their feet)

(Camera back to high jump athlete, looking down) (He's seen what happened, and the pit) (eyes bug) (He seems to pause in mid-air, flapping his arms frantically, as if trying to fly) (He drops over the other side of the bar, into the sandpit) (Camera stays where it is, filming clear sky after athlete drops out of sight) *Thump* (Music stops) (Two seconds of dead silence, then what sounds like several thousand people at once. "Ewwwwwwww."

(Quick cut to athlete, very sandy and shaky looking, sitting on sidelines, looking stunned.) (Reachs down and picks up bottle of Resurge) (Opens bottle and takes a big swig, looking immediately more at peace, and energized)

"Resurge, for the athlete in us all."

(Quick shot of interior gym, men's gymnastics obviously in progress) (High shot of set of rings) (cat comes leaping up from below, paws spread, claws out, heading for the rings) (Shot freezes just before cat reaches rings)

"Because you never know WHAT your competition will be."

(Resurge logo apears over picture)

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scribe.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.