Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
610
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,133

The Elvis Trilogy 2: Teddy Bear

Summary:

Disclaimer: No one in here is mine. I’m just borrowing them for a little bit.
Fandom: CSI:NY
Pairing: Macadamia Cookies (has anyone besides a certain few noticed this name?)
Rating: FRT, maybe
Summary: Mac thinks about Danny
Series: Yes, it’s the second in the Elvis trilogy. Sequel to Devil in Disguise
Author’s Notes: Because Kathie sicced another Elvis bunny on me, what was supposed to be a one-shot has turned into a trilogy. It’s a good thing these are ficlets more than anything else. The usual thanks to the usual people. You know who you are. ;)
Submitted through the CSI_New_York_Slash mailing list.

Work Text:

The Elvis Trilogy 2: Teddy Bear
by Ginny

"Mac, you're humming," Stella informed him as she intercepted him in the hall.

"What?"

"You're humming. Elvis," she explained.

He grinned sheepishly. "Danny got us on an Elvis kick recently," he told her.

"I see," she said, the look she gave him letting him know that she thought he was nuts.

He shrugged it off. There were a lot of things he did now that he was involved with Don and Danny that he never would have thought he'd ever do and humming Elvis songs was a minor thing.

He continued on to his office, glancing into the various labs as he walked past. Everyone was busy working, just as he expected. He saw Hawkes talking with Jane. Lindsay was in the A/V lab with Adam. Stella had joined Danny and were both hunched over microscopes, working on their latest case.

He continued on to his office, thinking about the song he'd been humming.

Danny had started it, singing about Don. And, while he wouldn't have picked this song originally for Danny, it really did fit.

His musings were disturbed when Hawkes appeared in the doorway. "I got a hit in CODIS to our DNA. We have a suspect."

 

Mac sat on the couch, Don resting against him as they watched the highlights of that day's Mets game.

"Think Danny'll be home soon?" Don asked sleepily. It was almost 11 and they'd all had an early start to the day with their various cases.

"Probably, Stella promised they wouldn't be there all night," Mac said, rubbing his hand over Don's arm. "You could go to bed. I'll be in soon."

"Nah. I'll wait up for him too. You said it was a hard case," Don insisted.

They both looked up when they heard keys in the lock. Danny was finally home, looking exhausted.

He looked at his two lovers, who had stood to greet him. "Bed," he insisted. "Sleep."

Neither man said anything, just led and followed him into the bedroom. Danny leaned against Mac, letting the older man support him. Mac's fingers slipped under the chain around Danny's neck, kneading the tense muscles lightly as they walked down the hall.

"We got the guy," Danny said finally as they settled under the covers. He was curled up over Mac's chest but he was holding onto Don's hand, keeping them both close to him.

Mac ran his fingers through the soft strands of Danny's hair, feeling him relax as he quickly fell asleep. He gave Don a quick goodnight kiss before Don, too, fell asleep.

He smiled as he thought about the song that had been running through his head all day. Danny only cuddled with them. And, despite being a more stubborn and headstrong than was good for him, he would follow them anywhere, because he was also one of the most loyal people Mac had ever met too. Mac had no doubts just where Danny's love and devotion lay.

He smiled a bit as he started humming again. If Don was a devil in disguise, Danny was their teddy bear.

Put a chain around my neck
And lead me anywhere
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear.

Baby let me be, around you every night
Run your fingers through my hair,
And cuddle me real tight
Just wanna be, your teddy bear