Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
771
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,540

The Elvis Trilogy 1: Devil in Disguise

Summary:

Fandom: CSI:NY
Disclaimer: Not mine. Still. ‘Tis sad.
Trio: Mac/Danny/Don (do I ever write anything else?)
Summary: Mac discovers the truth about Don
Series: Part 1 of the Elvis Trilogy
Rating: FRT
100 Moods Prompt 002: Amused
Summary: For Kathie, to cheer her up for a minute or two. This is the bunny that bit me Saturday while watching one of the dances from the studio. The song made me think of our favorite homicide detective. *grins* Inspired by Elvis Presley's Devil In Disguise
Submitted through the CSI_New_York_Slash mailing list.

Work Text:

The Elvis Trilogy 1: Devil in Disguise
by Ginny

"You know how you call Don our Angel?" Danny asked Mac as the stood in the observation room, watching Don interrogate their suspect. They were just waiting for their cue before stepping in and showing all of their evidence.

"Yes?" Mac said. After spending ninety minutes in the bathroom - a new record - Don's hair looked great. If only he would buy new ties. This latest one was the worst he'd seen yet. It was red, pink, green, yellow and orange plaid. If he knew where Don had bought it, he would try to shut the place down.

"He's not."

"What?" Mac looked at Danny in confusion.

"He's really a devil in disguise," Danny explained with a grin.

"What?" Mac said again, trying to understand just what his lover was talking about.

"Come on Mac. You know. You look like an angel, Walk like an angel, Talk like an angel, But I got wise, You're the devil in disguise," Danny sang, impressing Mac with the quality of it.

"I didn't know you can sing."

Danny blushed slightly. "I don't often. But it's true. He looks like an angel. He can talk like one too, when it suits his needs, but look at him in there. He's not even going to need this because this guy is going to break. He doesn't stand a chance against Don."

Mac shook his head, trying to suppress the smile. "He's good at his job Danny, that's all," he said.

"Whatever you say Mac," Danny deferred, but he had a knowing smirk on his face. He thought he was right and nothing was going to convince him otherwise. Just then their suspect broke down, admitting to everything. His smirk grew.

****

"Mac! Do you have a second?" Don requested later that afternoon, catching Mac in the hallway just outside his office.

"Sure. What do you need?"

Don leaned down slightly, whispering in Mac's ear, "You, me, Danny, whipped cream and chocolate-covered strawberries." That said, he walked away, whistling innocently and leaving a shell-shocked Mac standing in the hall, staring after him.

"You all right Mac?" Danny asked, walking up behind him.

"I think you might be right."

"About Don?" Danny asked, smirking.

"Yeah. He's - he's the devil!"

Danny chuckled. "Do I want to know what he said to you?"

"It's more of the image he put in my head," Mac said, shaking his head slightly to clear the image. "And the fact that our shifts don't end for another five hours."

"We could take a long lunch," Danny suggested, waggling his eyebrows.

Mac hesitated, thinking about it, but shook his head. "We can't do that."

"Suit yourself," Danny agreed easily, walking away. Mac frowned, he was humming that damn song again.

****

Mac barely had time to drop his keys on the table by the door before Don was against, him, pressing him against the wall as he kissed him deeply.

"Angel," he moaned through the kiss, sinking into it almost immediately. He'd been thinking about Don most of the day, which was why it was a good thing it had been quiet after they'd closed the case from that morning. Driving home with a mischievous Danny was always fun too.

He took control of the kiss before pulling away and kissing down Don's cheek to his neck, where he sucked lightly on the pulse point. "You had me fooled, you know that, right?" he asked Don.

"How'd I fool you?" Don asked, moaning lightly and pressing closer to Mac.

"Your kisses. You're my Angel, but you're not really."

"You're the devil in disguise," Danny piped up, grinning.

Don looked up, pulling away from Mac's mouth. "Took you long enough to figure it out," he smirked. He pulled Mac away from the door, pushing him toward the room. "Come on, whipped cream and strawberries are waiting for us."

His smile grew as he heard Danny, who was following behind them, singing softly.

"You're the devil in disguise, Oh yes you are, The devil in disguise."

~End~