Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
633
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,713

Everything’s Going to Be Fine

Summary:

Fandom: CSI:NY
Pairing: Mac/Danny/Don
Disclaimer: Not Mine
Warnings: Slash, threesome, spoilers for Charge of This Post
Summary: Two worried lovers wait....
Author’s Notes: I’m blaming Lucas for this one. She baited the bunnies. *hugs* I liked chatting with you during this ep. Thanks to Lucas, H, and Cleo/Frank who read liked it even after reading a snippet
Spoilers!! Don't read if you haven't seen the finale and want to remain unspoiled!!
Submitted through the CSI_New_York_Slash mailing list.

Work Text:

Everything's Going to Be Fine
by Ginny

Mac looked up when someone sat next to him on the bench, putting a cup of coffee in his hands.

"I thought I sent you home," Mac said, even as he leaned against his lover.

"You didn't think I was really going to go, did you?" Danny chuckled lightly, taking a sip of his own coffee. "Has there been any change?"

"I would have called," Mac said defensively.

"I know," Danny assured him, leaning until his temple was against Mac's. "It's just ... I want him to wake up."

"Me too," Mac sighed, leaning forward and letting his head rest in his hands.

Danny ran his hand in soothing circles around Mac's back. "I was so scared," he said, speaking more to himself than Mac. "The two of you were in that building and I had to be professional and get you out. Hawkes and I were the first ones in, you know. The only good thing was, people expected us to be worried. Terrified was the better word, but I'm a pretty good actor, you know?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what? And I was talking here," Danny teased. "We finally get through that. And we'll be talking about what you did, don't worry about that. And what do you do? You tell me to make sure Montana goes home. Because she was hurt and shouldn't stay. You're lucky I love you, you know. Making me leave you alone to watch over Don."

"None of you needed to stay. She'd been hurt. I wanted her to go home and rest before she collapsed too."

"I know. You take care of your family. And we're it."

"I know I don't show it ... Or say it often, but I love you. You and Don are the most important things in my life, and we almost lost him today! I don't know what I would have done without you there."

"I know. I knew why you kept me there when you defused the bomb. I keep you grounded."

Mac met Danny's gaze, surprised. "You do know me well, don't you?"

Danny pulled him close, reveling in the fact that he was able to give Mac support. "I know you better than I know me, I think."

"I don't know if I should be pleased or worried," Mac teased.

Danny pretended to think about it for a moment. "Both." He let out a shaky sigh. "He's going to be all right, right?

Mac shifted, so that he was sitting next to Danny again, their shoulders touching, Danny's hand in his. "He's our Angel. And we need him here with us."

"Just say yes Mac. Please?"

"Yes."

Danny let out a deep breath in not quite a sigh. "You would never lie to me. Don's going to be fine," he said confidently.

"Danny," Mac started to protest.

"He's going to be fine Mac. I know it. We're going to be fine."

Mac nodded. Danny was right. Don was going to be fine.

Danny drifted off into a light doze a short while later. Leaving Stella to keep an eye on him, Mac slipped into Don's room.

He felt the last of the tension leave him when Don squeezed. Danny was right. Everything was going to be fine now.

End.