Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
307
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,223

Never Too Many

Summary:

Horatio hasn't really lost anything at all.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

AN: Just a drabble that hit me while bawling my eyes out after last night's epi...

--------------------

"Mari-sol? Over here."

"What? Where... I was with Horatio just a second ago... no. Please no..."

"It's alright. You're safe now. Everything will be fine..."

"No it won't! Eric! Horatio!"

"Mari-sol, take it easy." The man soothed, embracing her tightly. Eventually Mari-sol calmed a little, pulling back to look at the stranger, who turned out not to be so unfamiliar after all.

"I... I know you. Your picture is all over his house... but I can't remember your name."

"Tim... Tim Speedle. All over the place, huh? Good to know he didn't forget me."

"But you're... he told me about the jewelry store..."

"And I saw your shooting. I'm so sorry. I really tried to help prevent it, but I wasn't allowed."

"So I'm... dead."

"Yeah, but not helpless." Tim told her, letting his wings unfold so that she could see them. "I couldn't save you, but I've protected him before. Now you get to help me."

"I can be his guardian angel? I don't have to leave him forever?"

"Or Eric either. First though, you need to get settled and learn a few things. C'mon... this way."

"It's so bright... I'm scared. I want Horatio..."

"So do I... all the time. Can't be. Not the way we wish it could, anyway. It's okay darlin'. I'm right beside you. Just take my hand..."

Tentatively, Mari-sol slid her hand into Tim's and let him lead her forward.

-----------------------

FUNERAL HOME:

"H. You okay? You're shaking..." Eric asked quietly, touching Horatio's shoulder.

"I am. Now..."

"I don't understand."

"Neither do I, completely. I just feel... better. Let's go in. We don't want to be late."

"Yeah. She'd never forgive me."

"Oh, I don't think that's true. I don't think that's true at all..."

-----------------------

TBC....

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author BuffyAngel68.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.