Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of The Music Man Trilogy
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
467
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,566

Sleep Tight My Someone Sleep Tight My Love

Summary:

PART OF: The Music Man Trilogy
SEQUEL TO: Goodnight My Love
RATING: PG
CLASSIFICATION: Buffy/Xander
SUMMARY: Things are finally perfect.
SPOILERS: Grad 1 and 2 for the BtVS characters (season 4 never happened), and it's 1 1/2 years later.
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Kazui Sandollar, FOX and the WB own it or them. Various friends of mine are holding characters hostage. You may see them by appointment only.
FEEDBACK: Sorry I'm not home right now I'm walking in the spiderwebs so leave a message and I'll call you back...in other words, I want it. Don't care if it's onlist or not, but I prefer offlist since I have quite a few lists on No Mail.
Submitted through the 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0 mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0_2

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Sleep Tight My Someone, Sleep Tight My Love
by Ragna (Obsessive-Compulsive Spike)

"Buffy..."

Xander's softly spoken voice woke her up. "Buffy..."

"Hmmm?" she asked, turning over.

"Celia's crying. I think she's hungry."

Buffy sighed, then quietly headed out of the room. Even at three months, Celia Anne Harris still knew when to wake her parents up just as they were falling asleep. And even though they weren't married yet, when Celia was born they'd given his last name on the birth certificate.

They were lucky to already have had a two bedroom apartment, Buffy thought to herself as she entered their daughter's room. She picked her daughter up and carried her to the kitchen, where Xander had put a rocking chair nearby just for this occasion.

"So, Celia," Buffy said in a sleep-tinged voice, "want me to sing you a lullaby?"

Celia stopped crying as much as she waited for Buffy to warm the formula, bouncing by Buffy calming her more and more. "Maybe I should start singing to you," she muttered quietly.

Buffy took a breath, picked up the bottle and tested it, then let Celia start drinking. "Goodnight, my someone, goodnight, my love. Sleep tight, my someone, sleep tight, my love. The stars are shining their brightest light, now goodnight, my someone, goodnight."

She made it to the rocking chair in time for the second verse. "Sweet dreams be yours, dear, if dreams there be. Sweet dream to carry you close to me. I wish they may and I wish they might, now goodnight, my someone, goodnight."

She heard a noise but kept singing. "True love can be whispered from heart to heart, when lovers are parted they say, but my love depends on a wish and a star..." She hummed the last part, forgetting the words. "Sweet dreams be yours, dear, if dreams there be. Sweet dreams to carry you close to me."

Suddenly, a male voice joined in with her. "I wish they may and I wish they might, now goodnight, my someone, goodnight. Goodnight, goodnight." Buffy sat up and turned a bit, seeing Xander behind her.

"Couldn't sleep," he said quietly, placing his hands on the back of the rocking chair as he gazed at their now sleeping daughter.

"You were right...she was hungry," Buffy said, smiling and standing up, removing the bottle from Celia's mouth carefully. "Want to try and get some more sleep?"

Xander nodded, moving behind Buffy and kissing the top of her head. "Yeah. Buffy...I love you."

"Love you too," she said, kissing his cheek. "Night."

"Night," he said, heading back into their room. Buffy went into Celia's room, set her down in her crib and smiled down at her daughter. "Night, my love."

The moonlight shone on Celia as she smiled in her sleep.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: