Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-05-05
Words:
2,421
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,652

Setting Right What Once Went Wrong

Summary:

Weird Quantum Leap crossover with minimal Sam/Al time where Seven does the leaping.

Chapter 1: Setting Right What Once Went Wrong

Chapter Text

Setting Right What Once Went Wrong.
By Ezri

"Damn it Al I just don't have the time to put everything right what will happen with future wrongs I can't change this out side of my life time you know."

Al nodded, "I know Sam you just have to trust that the power that sends you to change the past will take care of the future as well."

Sam nodded and sighed before moving on to help the woman deliver her baby, a baby that in the past had died without proper medical attention.

At the same moment in the cosmic loop that is time Seven of Nine entered cargobay 2 and steeped into the regeneration chamber and vanished.

She woke to find herself trapped in a sleeping bag obviously to small for her that was tangled around her legs, in her struggle to get free from the bag she turned to find a small vanity mirror beside her reflection not her face but the face of a small child. Upon further study Seven realize that she was in fact looking into her own eyes only they were very much younger.

A door of pure white light opened inside the tent with her and Seven backed up in shock.
"Ah, Seven I found you. Good I can't tell you how hard it was to find you."

"Doc. Where are we? And why?"

Doc looked at her a moment and breathing heavily ran his hand across his balding head. "Well, were not exactly sure. We tried to beam you out but couldn't the most they could do was project my image into your mind."

Seven raised a brow and reached out to touch the doctor only to have her hand pass right through him. "Very well, how do I get home?"

"Well, that's just it were not exactly sure."

Seven let out a long breath and glared at doc for several minutes only to be disturbed by the sound of crying and little feet stumbling through the forest. Seven's brow once again went up and she moved to leave the tent only to have Doc try to stop her.

"Seven if you don't stay here how are we suppose to get you back?"

"I don't know Doc, but I have to help. I just don't know why."

Seven rose out of the tent and ran after the owner of the stumbling feet.

In the dark of the woods huddled against a tree was a small girl crying. Seven's heart clenched at the sight of the tiny little girl's body shuddering in the cold of the night and she went to the girl. "Are you ok?"

The little girl started and turned to look up at her.

Seven's eyes widened as she took in the sight of the little girl with softly curving ridges on her forehead. "B'Elanna?"

The little girl blinked the tears from her eyes and sniffled, "H...h...how do you know my name? Who are..." Her little mouth shut so tight that Seven knew something more was behind it.

"What's wrong why did you stop speaking?"

"Lesson lady I was told never to talk to strangers and you are for sure the strangest lady I've ever seen."

Seven couldn't help but smiled.

B'Elanna calmed down slightly seeing Seven's smile and smiled back at her. "Are you an angel?"

Seven started, "What?"

There was a twinkle in B'Elanna's little eyes. "You look like an angel, my father use to tell me stories about angels."

"Where is you father?"

B'Elanna's little face turned grim and tears again spilt from her eyes. "He's back at the camp but he hates me."

Seven looked shocked for a moment before realizing that this child didn't need someone to kill her father but to hold her while she wept. Seven kneeled down beside B'Elanna and took her into her arms. "Here honey just go ahead and cry."

"You never answered me... are you an angel?"

Seven looked into the eyes of the small child and it didn't matter that the grown up B'Elanna hated her she couldn't let this child feel so alone, but she also couldn't lie to her. "I'll be your angel."

B'Elanna nodded her tiny little head rested it on Seven's ample breast and fell into a restful sleep.

Smiled and hummed softly under her breath until she to fell into a restful sleep, her very first restful sleep.

Seven opened her eyes to find herself once again in the cargobay with Doc and Captain Janeway standing before of her.

Doc shock his head, "I don't know what you did Seven but what ever it was worked."

Janeway looked at Seven with worry. "Seven, I know how much trouble you've had sleeping but after this I can't see letting you continue to regenerate. I'm assigning you quarters as soon as I get to the bridge and all but one of these things will be dismantled before the days out. I only want you to use it in a medical emergency. Is that understood?"

Seven nodded, "Understood Captain."

Captain Janeway turned and left the cargobay but Doc stayed.

"SO what happened?"

"That's none of your business Doc."

Doc was momentarily shocked but let it go easily enough. Placing a hand on Seven's shoulder, "lets get the hell out of here."

Seven nodded and left with Doc without looking back.

Later that day when Seven walked into engineering B'Elanna paused from working at her panel to looked up at her and her lip went lax as she suddenly remembered softly spoken words and whispered them out loud.

"I'll be your angel."

A lone tear ran down B'Elanna's cheek as she remembered the angel who protected her that night and in her dreams for years to come and she whispered so softly that Seven didn't even hear. "You were."

B'Elanna rested her mouth on her hand and closed her eyes briefly before taking a deep breath and setting her shoulders.

Seven turned to feel a soft hand placed lightly on her back.

"I'm sorry." B'Elanna said before turning and walking away.

Seven just smiled and let her go. 'She needs time.' She thought before logging out of the console and leaving engineering.