Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
414
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
3
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
2,362

A fishy tale

Summary:

Website: n/a
Permission to archive: Yes to WWOMB, anybody else, please ask first.
Fandom(s): NCIS
Genre (general, hetero or slash) Slash
Pairing/Characters: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Rating: PG-15
Summary: Written for the First Time Challenge on navyncisslash2
Warnings: people with fish allergies should probably not read this
Disclaimer. I don't own the NCIS characters, I'm only borrowing them, and I promise to return them in minty fresh condition when I'm finished.
Submitted through the NavyNCISslash2 mailing list.

Work Text:

A fishy tale
by Ceindreadh

"No," said Gibbs.

"Why not?" asked Tony.

"I don't like it."

"You said you'd never even tried it, how do you know if you don't like it or not?"

"Because."

"Because what?"

"Because fish is meant to be cooked. Last time I had raw fish was on a marine training exercise. Had to forage for food, but couldn't build a fire. I was puking my guts up for the rest of the weekend. I'm not making that mistake again."

"This isn't 'raw fish'...it's sushi."

"There's a difference?"

"Smell it."

"DiNozzo, take that stinking piece of fish away from me or so help me, I'll take those chopsticks and ram them so far up your..."

"There's no need to tease. Besides, it doesn't stink. Look, if you dip it in the sauce, you can hardly tell it's raw."

"How many times do I have to tell you, Tony? I do *not* want to try it. I've tasted raw fish before and I didn't like it then."

"But if you don't try it, then how will you know your tastes have changed."

"Tastes don't change. If I didn't like it then, I won't like it now."

"If that was true then you'd never have kissed me."

"Doesn't follow, Tony. I'd never tasted you before...had to find out what it was like."

"So if I'd have been eating garlic that day, I wouldn't have gotten a second chance?"

"No...I happen to like garlic."

"Hah, funny. But you're avoiding the real issue."

"What real issue?"

"The sushi. C'mon Gibbs, just have a little taste."

"No, no, no. Do I have to swat you to make you shut up?"

"Only if you want to, Boss...ouch, not *that* hard!"

"Look, I don't want to try the sushi, and there's nothing you can say or do that will persuade me to taste it."

"How about if I take my shirt off and let you eat if off my body?"

"Hmm...well I might consider it then...but don't you think McGee and Ziva would have something to say about it?"

"They can get their own sushi."

"Not to mention all the other agents on duty, the Director, anybody watching the security cameras."

"Good point, Gibbs, good point. Guess you're not just a pretty face, ouch!"

"But I have to admit, your plan does have *some* merit."

"Cool! Your place at eight?"

"I'll bring fresh sushi."

"And I'll bring the plate."

The End