Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
985
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
3
Kudos:
5
Hits:
957

Meeting number 20

Summary:

Rating: PG-13
Pairing: None
Disclaimer: Not mine, no moola being made
Notes: Written for the NCIS Flashfic challenge: Heat
Summary: Informal Pressure
Submitted through the NavyNCISslash2 mailing list.

Work Text:

Meeting number 20
by Kellygirl

Jethro never intended on keeping track of his meetings with Jen, but it quickly turned into a habit. Once he realized what he was doing, he kept it up since she was the Director, ex-lover or not. Plus he referred back to meeting number so and so because it seemed to aggravate her and that was reasoning enough to continue.

Today he knew she was nervous. She kept smoothing the hair behind her left ear. Her eyes met his before sliding away to look at something on her desk. She cleared her throat.

"There's been a report given about DiNozzo." Her fingertips tapped the top of her desk.

Gibbs wondered what Tony had done. Maybe one of the many many women he talked to finally filed a sexual harassment suit.

"What type of report?" He narrowed his eyes as the Jenny shuffled a few papers on her desk. No, if something like sexual harassment had been reported Jenny would have had Tony up here too.

"He was seen at Club 774 two nights ago. The report states he was acting inappropriately with a male."

Gibbs straightened up. Crap. He really didn't need this. His voice was harsh.

"And? What business is this of ours? Was there a fight or something? Did he land in jail?" Gibbs knew Tony wasn't in jail. He'd spoken with him earlier. He was really enjoying Jenny's nervousness though. Her face turned red.

"It has come to my attention because this could be seen as a weakness where DiNozzo is concerned. What if he tells some guy he's screwing a bunch of stuff and the guy turns out to be a spy? What if the guy blackmails DiNozzo?" Now she smirked. Gibbs hated it when she smirked. "I admit DiNozzo doesn't know a lot but what he does know can jeopardize some parts of this Country's security."

Gibbs steepled his fingers together and leaned forward. "Are you saying that all the various and many women DiNozzo flirted and played with were no danger, but since it's allegedly some man then he's a idiot, a big blabbering idiot?" He sighed. "That doesn't make sense Jen, and you know it." She wouldn't look at him so Gibbs stood and braced his hands on her desk. "Why the danger now?" Someone forcing your hand, Jen? Putting the heat on you to make an example out of my senior field agent?" He moved back as she stood, her hands on her hips.

"No one is pulling my strings, Jethro. There was a meeting and I agreed. It doesn't look good that your senior field agent has a sexual weakness." Gibbs turned away and walked towards the door before coming back to stand in front of the desk.

"Bullshit. DiNozzo wouldn't allow himself to be blackmailed and he doesn't give up important information in any situation." He crossed his arms. People had been known to back up at the frown that appeared on his face. "Define inappropriate. Was he flirting? Making out? Having sex? What?" He was pissed and really wanted to walk out and slam the door. But if he did that then DiNozzo wouldn't be protected. Nothing had been decided and he was not going to be cut out of that.

Jen cleared her throat. "The report doesn't say exactly what they were doing but that place is a known gay club. The fact that he was there speaks for itself."

"I don't believe this! Since when are you some uptight hypocrite, Jen? Do you even know if this report is true? Or do you take the word of anything negative about DiNozzo that comes to your attention?" She flinched and anyone else would have ignored it but Gibbs leapt on it. Before he could accuse her of singling out DiNozzo she spoke.

"I have to investigate every report. I don't want anyone thinking I let my agents get away with things because I'm a woman. That I somehow make this Agency weaker."

Gibbs sat back down. "No one would think that, Jen. What's this got to do with your report on DiNozzo? There's a difference between being tough and coming down on someone because you don't like their dating preferences." She looked down at her desk and then back at him. She smiled self-consciously.

"Are you seeing him?" Gibbs frowned. Then it hit him like a reverb from a gun. He wanted to smirk but figured that'd piss her off so much she'd go ahead with whatever plans she'd made.

"That's really none of your business, Jen. I can date who I want." He took pity on the look in her eyes. He stood up. "No, Jen. I'm not dating DiNozzo or doing anything else with him besides teaching him to become one of the best agents I've ever worked with." He stalked towards the door and turned with his hand on the knob. "I trust this will go no further and no action will be taken against DiNozzo?"

She gave him a short nod and turned to her computer. Gibbs didn't slam the door. Back at his desk he considered whether he should tell Tony that he should be more careful. Knowing Tony it wouldn't do any good. He hoped this was the end but his cynical nature told him he should be prepared for more attacks on DiNozzo and the rest of his team.

The End