Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
444
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
863

Precious

Summary:

Rating: PG
Summary: Does he know?
Spoilers: None
Sequel: None
Thanx: To my beta, Annie, who always makes it better.
Disclaimer: I’m just letting them play; because TPTB never let them.
Submitted through the SenseXangstRevisited mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Precious
by blairbear

He is so precious to me; more precious than the air that I breathe. I know that sounds fucking smarmy; but, that's the way I feel. I never thought I'd feel this deeply about anyone - let alone my partner; my very *male* partner.

Why can't I tell him? Why doesn't he know?

Everything he does for me is a sign of his caring. Does he care enough? What would he think if I told him how precious he is to me? Would he understand what I'm saying?

As I finish toweling off and exit the bathroom, I can smell that he's got breakfast on the table again. How great is that? It's just one more thing to show his thoughtfulness. He always makes time for me, no matter how busy he is.

As we ride to work, there is a companionable silence. Something that we each use to sort out what our day might entail. We actually spoke about it once. I was amused that we both had the same reasoning for silence while in the small enclosure.

What would he say if I told him that I believed we were destined to be together? I've actually had dreams. I had dreams about him before we ever met - I'm sure of it. They've been coming back to me over the course of the past three years.

He's looking at me again with his peripheral vision. He doesn't know that I see him, but I do. I often catch him looking at me. Sometimes, what looks like, deep in thought

I've got to do something about this. It's no longer a brief thought any longer. It's in the forefront of my brain all day long. Tonight. Tonight I will tell him. We've got a long day ahead of us with the Carson case; what with the raid and all.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well. The raid went well. Nobody was killed; or even hurt. We corralled eleven of the twelve men we were after, and have a good lead on where the final scum is hiding.

We tiredly make our way into 852 Prospect; taking the elevator, that, for once is working. As I unlock the door and cross the threshold, he follows me in. He turns to relock and bolt the door. Then, after we each hang up our coats, I am suddenly pinned against said door and am on the receiving end of the most amazing kiss I've ever encountered.

The two of us thrust against each other like teenagers. It is over within moments, our tongues still plunging into each other's mouths.

Maybe he does know how precious he is to me.

END.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author blairbear.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.