Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
824
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
759

The Race

Summary:

Pairing: S/A
Disclaimer: not mine...other ppl own them...'n stuff....
Distribution: just ask me
Feedback: yes please.
Dedication: Mr. McDermott et al, for having such dirty minds
Summary: A drunk Spike challenges Angel to a race in the rain, wetness ensues.
Note: my most humble apologies if this came through twice...stupid email program's been screwing me six ways to sunday.....
Submitted through the SpikeSlash mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Race
by Darcy

Spike stood in the pouring rain outside the building housing Angel investigations. Bottle in hand he jumped through the puddles, not really knowing why he was there, only that he was, and that the puddles were fun.

"Spike, come back inside." A weary voice said from the doorway. Spike continued kicking the water about.

"Nope, I's jumpin' in da poodles, pops." Spike stated, a boyish grin playing on his features. "Lookit their innards splosh!"

Angel wiped a large hand over his face and muttered as he watched Spike frolic.

"Once a month he does this....Should lock the damn liquor cabinet...better yet...lock him up..tie him to the bed..I'm liking this more and more"

Spike bounded from one side of the street to the other in a warped game of bullrush with the raindrops.

"I's gunna...beatcha!" Spike shouted as he ran. Angel shook his head and couldn¹t help but laugh. Spike stood on the other side of the road and tilted his head to the side.

"Whatchoo laughing at, bigman?" The blond asked eyebrow quirking.

"You." Angel smirked.

Spike straightened up, his face a mask of indignation.

"You fink you can beat da raindrops, do ya?"

Angel laughed again and stepped out into the rain.

"Not the raindrops. But I can beat you." Angel crossed the deserted street to stand in front of his chortling childe.

"Alright then, Rainman. You's on. To the other side and back." Spike stated drunkenly, drawing himself up to his full height, just falling short of Angel's nose. The older vampire grimaced at the rain flattening his hair. Shaking the annoying feeling of flat hair off, he looked down at Spike.

"What does the winner get?" The taller vamp asked smirking slightly.

Spike scrunched up his face in thought.

"Da winner gets....A big hug!" The blond declared.

Angel laughed out loud and stuck his hand out to Spike.

"You¹re on."

Spike took Angel's hand and shook it.

"All righty then. Get your ass ready to be whupped!"

Spike grinned back at his sire. He placed his bottle on the path and walked to the gutter. The rain continued to pour down from above onto the dimly lit street. The two figures stood silent.

"On your marks."

Angel stepped forward.

"Get set."

Angel and Spike leaned forward almost perfectly synchronised.

"GO!"

The pair shot forward across the street. Angel's long strides proving more than a match for Spike's determined sprint. Angel reached the opposite gutter almost a metre ahead of the bottle blond. Spike had him in the turn, using the gutter to propel him forward to a hairs breadth behind Angel on the home stretch.

The rain beat down upon them, hindering their final steps.

Spike strained forward.

Angel slowed down.

Step for step.

Inch for inch.

Suddenly Spike lurched forward and tripped, landing before Angel on the cold, wet cement.

The tall brunette skidded to a halt and stared down in shock at his childe splayed on the pavement.

"Fuck! Will are you alright?" The tall vampire swore, dropping to his knees beside the fallen blond.

The soft patter of the rain around them covered Spike's sobs. Angel slid his hand under Spike and rolled him over into a tight embrace. Spike stared blankly into space, tears coursing down his cheeks and pain filled eyes. All Angel could do was hold him as the rain tapered off.

After what seemed like an age Spike stirred in Angel¹s arms.

"Spike?" Angel queried softly, brushing a lank piece of wet hair from his boy¹s eyes.

Spike grunted.

"Are you alright?" The worried vampire asked, growing concerned.

"Other than the fact that I just copped a bottle of Stolli in the bollocks, I'm just peachy." Spike strained out through clenched teeth.

Angel leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Spike's forehead. Not really knowing how to comfort his childe. Angel lifted Spike into his lap and rocked him back and forth. Spike sniffed and moved out of Angel's grasp. Angel let go and watched his boy stand up.

Spike hissed in pain as the material on his pants rubbed across his overly sensitive crotch. Angel stood and took Spike's arm to help him stand.

"How about I carry you?"

Spike looked up at his sire gratefully, but was unwilling to say anything to contradict his bad guy status. Angel nodded once and swept Spike up into his arms.

"Let's get you inside. Then I can give you that big hug." Angel said, smiling down at his wounded boy.

Spike smiled coyly up at Angel.

"And butterfly kisses?" He asked quietly. Angel pressed his lips to Spike's forehead again.

"Butterfly kisses galore for my boy."

Spike smiled again and raised his hand to Angel's face.

"Last time when we touched...." He began to sing softly. Angel gazed down tenderly.

"I¹m sure you gave me thrush."

"Spike!"

--Det Hen--

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Darcy.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.