Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
704
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,290

The Enemy

Summary:

[Dark Angel] What might have happened to Asha ...

Work Text:

The Enemy by Freya

* * * * * * * *

Disclaimer: Don't own, never will. James Cameron and who knows who else do.
Spoiler: None, I think
Rating: PG
Genre: Angst
Feedback: Please, please, please *puppy dog eyes* smaria86@yahoo.com
Archive: My site . Everyone else please ask!

* * * * * * * * *

Her heart had let go of Logan long ago.

She still loved him, always would, but not in the way she used to, whatever way that had been.

She didn't know real love so she couldn't tell if she had been in love with him, but to her it was the closest she had ever been to that feeling.

He didn't love her anyway.

She was a friend, maybe even a good friend but not more, because in his heart there had always been Max - and now
not only in his heart.

She had heard about it a couple of weeks ago, about the cure for Manticore's virus and how Max had found it, but not more.

None of them had ever contacted her again.

Not that she expected Max to call her for a little girl chat - no, they had never been friends, acquaintances forced together by fate was more like it.

Forced together by Logan.

She still would have liked to hear from them, though.

Inside Asha was still a woman, a human being with emotions even when she didn't let them show all that often.

As any other person, she craved for the feeling of safety, of warmth, but she had learned to suppress that longing.

She had learned that emotions could get you in trouble easier than anything else and so she had a way to simply turn them off - like a switch, on, off.

And after a while it had been so easy living without the extra weight of all those feelings.

The only one that she had allowed was hate and sometimes revenge, because hating was easy.

You didn't have to deal with any consequences, you just hated and everything else fitted in perfectly.

But life wasn't simple, life wasn't easy.

Asha knew that, maybe better than anyone else, as she cowered on the small bed in some shabby motel room in a town she didn't remember the name of.

Her knees were drawn up to her chest, her arms clinging tightly around them, rocking herself back and forth as violent shudders shook her body.

She'd lost weight due to those last few weeks, her cheeks were pale and her eyes were hollow.

She felt ill, and maybe she was, but maybe it was just the loneliness, the darkness and the constant feeling that she was being watched, being followed that was finally taking its toll on her.

She didn't know how long she could stay here because she couldn't remember how long she'd already been here and every minute that passed was a minute wasted.

But she was tired.

She didn't want to get up because she knew what would follow and she was tired of it, tired of running away from people she didn't even know.

She knew nothing of them, neither names nor faces, just their dark silhouettes in the distance.

But she didn't need to know more.

Whoever had destroyed S1W, murdered most of its members and was still hunting the rest was the enemy, an organization
that wanted to see her dead.

But she wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

She'd rather kill herself than be caught by them.

It would be quick, just one bullet would be enough to kill her.

Now wasn't the time, though.

Not yet.

She still had some business to do, something important.

She had to get back to Seattle, to Logan, to Max and tell them everything, because she knew the enemy is good.

They were smart, too smart for her taste, and there were never any tracks or traces left of them.

She guessed that Logan didn't know that S1W didn't exist anymore.

And she hoped that maybe they'd be able to help her.

Either to find the enemy and kill them - or to make her escape from them.

Forever.

 

~Fin~