Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2012-03-08
Words:
2,852
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,483

What's Behind The Curtain?

Summary:

It’s been two months since Sirius fell through the curtain. Remus has completely lost it. Then his roommates tell him there’s a chance Sirius could be alive. SiriusRemus. R+R!

Chapter 1: Chapter One

Chapter Text

What's Behind the Curtain?
Cassandra Sunn

Rating: PG for homosexuality and slight potty mouth.

Genre: Drama/Romance/Humour

Summery: It's been two months since Sirius fell through the curtain. Remus has completely lost it. Then his roommates tell him there's a chance Sirius could be alive. SiriusRemus. R+R!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or any of the characters associated with it. I do, however, own Phoebe, Meg, Kaili, and Ashleigh. Mine! Piss off.

Warnings: Not too bad. I have no lemons, limes, or any of the sort planned. Mainly sweet stuff. But it will be between two men, so if you don't like that, go away.

Mindless Dribble: Oh, man, I just finished reading the sixth Harry Potter and I needed to write! But I had no plotbunnies for Harry Potter, just one annoying one for Megaman. So I talked to my dear friend, the Serpent Guardian (FF.Net). Thanks to her, I have this!

^.~ *kiss*

"Words" - talk
Words - thought
(-)(-) - scene change
(+)(+) - story start/end

(+)(+)(+)(+)

Remus Lupin sat on his bed, lost in thought.

"He has been like that for several hours now," Phoebe whispered to Kaili. They were standing in the doorway of Remus's room.

"And he does this everyday?" Kaili whispered back.

Phoebe nodded. "Yeah. Ever since that fight in the Ministry. When he lost his best friend."

"Oh, you mean Sirius Black?" Kaili asked. "Wasn't he a murderer?"

Kaili felt someone punch her in the arm. She turned to see Meg glaring at her.

"Gee, Kai, could you be any ruder?" Meg said. "Sirius meant a lot to Remus."

"Okay, I don't live here," Kaili frowned. "I don't know every detail of your lives!"

"You know, I'm not deaf," Remus called to them. "Go away."

Phoebe gently slapped Kaili's shoulder. "Yeah, he's not deaf."

Remus looked at the girls. "You, too, Phoebe."

Phoebe pouted slightly. "Aw, I'm sorry, Remus. I'm only trying to help."

"Well, it's not working."

"Male PMS," Meg whispered and dragged Phoebe and Kaili away from the door.

Remus sighed and lay on the bed. Why, oh, why did I decide living with my own kind would help? He thought. I guess I forgot how annoying other werewolves can be.

It had been two months since Sirius fell through the curtain. He moved in with Phoebe and Meg, hoping they would help ease his pain. Two young female werewolves. Not his best idea. Not that they were bad people, mind you. It's just that they were female. That was hard to deal with.

Phoebe had been a werewolf since she was fifteen. Before then, she had been an ordinary Muggle. She was now twenty-three years old and quite used to her beast. She was nice-looking, with dark brown hair that reached mid back and stormy blue eyes.

Meg was a newer werewolf. She had been infected only last year and was still having some difficulties. She was a Muggle-born witch. She was twenty-four, with shoulder length auburn hair and hazel eyes.

Kaili was their neighbour. She was the youngest of the group, but she was the self-proclaimed mother and no one questioned it. She had been a werewolf since she was ten. She was a half-breed witch, but she always had trouble with magic. She was thought to be a Squib for the longest time, but was always able to scrape up enough magic to prove people wrong. She was now twenty-two. She had waist length black hair and deep brown eyes. She had been on a vacation for the past three months and only returned the previous night. Remus knew nothing of her except what he was told by Mile-A-Minute Phoebe.

Their other neighbour was a twenty-three year old girl named Ashleigh. She was Phoebe's best friend growing up and was changed the same day as Phoebe. If it wasn't for her, Phoebe would not know of the wizarding world. Ashleigh was a half-breed like Kaili. She had chin length burgundy hair and grass green eyes. Because of this, she was often given the nickname Leprechaun, much to her dislike.

Remus closed his eyes. Images of his dear Sirius falling through the curtain flashed by and the all too familiar sensation of tears stung his eyes. He struggled not to cry, but failed, just as he failed every time. The worst thing was, Sirius never knew how strong Remus's feelings were. The feelings, they crossed over into love. And he will never be able to tell him. It hurt worse than anything he'd ever felt before. He kept imagining Sirius walking out of the curtain, acting like it was just a prank he pulled. But two months was a long time for a prank, even for Sirius. Every day, Remus's hope died a little bit more.

"Remus?"

He opened his eyes to see Kaili in the doorway.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, I just haven't really met you."

"Could you come back later?"

Kaili walked in and sat on the foot of the bed. "You mean, when you're not crying?"

Remus rolled over so his back was to her. "I'm not crying." Kaili gently placed her hand on his leg. He jumped slightly.

"Okay, fine, be a macho man. You're not crying. Your eyes are leaking, though. Spell gone wrong?"

"If you're going to be like this, you can leave now."

"Sorry."

"What do you want?"

"I just don't know what happened."

"Phoebe didn't share every detail?"

"She had no details to tell." Kaili tried to roll Remus onto his back, but he stayed where he was. "Do you want to talk?"

Remus stayed silent. Kaili tried to get him to talk again. "It might make you feel better."

He snorted in disbelief. "Bullshit."

"Yeah, I don't believe it either." She sighed. "Y'know, I know how you feel."

"How could you?"

"I've lost many friends."

"Not like him. Not like this."

She shrugged. "Maybe not. I don't let myself get too attached to others. Your connection with Black is strong."

"Is strong? Past tense, was strong. He's gone."

"No, not really."

"If you start with some mystical, no-one-is-every-really-gone bull..."

Kaili laughed. "No, I'm not like that. That's more of a Pheebs or Ash sort of thing."

"Well, then, what?"

"I've been thinking. He fell through a curtain, right?"

Remus nodded.

"Well, what's on the other side?"

"Death."

"Are you sure?"

There was a pause. "No."

"Well?"

Remus sat up slightly. "You mean, he could still be alive?"

Kaili smiled and nodded.
"You mean I am just lying here when I could be getting Sirius back?"

"What's that I see?" Meg said from the doorway. "Hope? Happiness? Could it be?"

"Oh, Meg, I think so!" Phoebe agreed.

Remus glared slightly. "How long have you been standing there?"

"The beginning," Phoebe replied. "Meg told Kai to do this."

"Oh, look, happiness is down," Remus growled.

"Remus, I wasn't kidding," Kaili said. "Come on, let's go get him."

"How?" Remus asked. "Four werewolves cannot just parade into the Ministry of Magic and ask to see the curtain."

"Five," Meg corrected. "Ash is here."

Ashleigh peeked in and waved. "Hey, Remus."

"Fine. Five werewolves cannot just-"

"We heard the first time," Kaili interrupted. "And it wont be five. Or four. Just one. You."

"Aw, Kai, you're mean," Phoebe pouted. "Leaving poor us out of it!"

"Poor us will have to live with it." She turned to Remus. "Okay, go when it's dark. It'll be easier."

He nodded, too excited to speak.

"You have a couple hours. Try to rest. And think of Sirius."

(+)(+)(+)(+)

Yeah! First chapter done! Yes, it's a little short. Deal with it.

I'm not sure how many chapters this will be. I have planned three, so far.

Please review! No flames or "constructive criticism". It's just annoying.