Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,289
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,188

The Chosen

Summary:

The Atlantis crew finds a race that have some sort of guardian creatures protecting it. When going to secure a trade agreement, they find their lives turned around as creatures of legends decide to lay claim to them.

Work Text:

Title: The Chosen
Author: Diayma
Rating: FRAO/NC-17
Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Pairings: Sheppard/McKay, Kavanaugh/Bates, Zelenka/Grodin, Beckett/Ford, Ronan/Caldwell, Elizabeth/Teyla
Website: http://www.geocities.com/diaymachaos
Livejournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/diayma
Warnings: Humor, hurt/comfort, angst, sex, and cursing.
Summary: The Atlantis crew finds a race that have some sort of guardian creatures protecting it. When going to secure a trade agreement, they find their lives turned around as creatures of legends decide to lay claim to them.
Archive: Wraithbait, WWOMB, my website, my livejournal. Want it? Lemme know where it's going please.
Notes: Grodin's alive and the Draygon's technology is on par with ours.
Spoilers: Aw hell, let's go with all of Season Two cause I honestly have no recollection of the order of the episodes anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part One:

"The Draygons are usually a calm, peaceful village," says Teyla Emmagen slowly as she, Colonel John Sheppard, Dr. Rodney McKay, and Ronan Dex stand infront of Dr. Elizabeth Weir. "As they have not had a Culling in over 500 years, I am hoping that they will be willing to start a trading alliance with Atlantis."

"Tell us more about these Draygons please," asks Elizabeth carefully. After the Genii mess, they're more wary about potential allies. It seems like every race out in the Pegasus Galaxy wants to kill them instead of becoming allies.

"I do not know much about them," says Teyla. "Usually a trading mission is one on one, with the leader of the villages working out an agreement. The Draygons are secretive about their villages, but they have always been like that and don't squander on their trades, so most villages and races let their secrecy slide. Also, as I do not believe a Draygon has stumbled upon us on off-world missions, they may give us some food for free, to show they bear no ill will or harm towards us."

"What about technology?" asks Rodney.

"I believe it to be on-par with your technology," says Teyla. "Without the Ancestors' of course. I have never seen anything resembling a Ancestor artifact in any Draygon village I have been invited in."

"And the Genii haven't invaded?" asks John shocked.

"All know of the Draygons and all know that they have some kind of guardian creatures. No one is entirely sure what or who these creatures all, but they fiercely protect the Draygons from all who would cause them harm." Teyla cocks her head to one side. "I believe as long as we don't mean them harm, we could form a trade agreement with them."

"I agree," says Elizabeth. Ronan, John, and Rodney just nod. "You leave in an hour and Colonel, no arms-dealing,"

"Just one mistake," gripes John with a smirk as the four leave.

"We do not need a repeat of the Genii Major," retorts Rodney. "Unless you want another race to declare war on us?"

"No, I'm good," says John quickly. "And it's Colonel,"

"When hell freezes over," replies Rodney calmly before taking off towards his labs.

"Could you give me a ride to the mainland Colonel Sheppard?" asks Teyla. "I need to get something if we are to trade with the Draygons. It'll show them we mean no harm."

"Sure," says John as they enter the transporter. "Coming Ronan?"

"I guess." Ronan says with a shrug.

~*~*~

Drageon, Home of the Draygons:

(Change is coming,) says Feltor, his snout sniffing the air as he wraps his tail around his human bonded, Selrine Riversbane. His brown scales ripple in the sunlight as he gets to his feet, wings outspread. Having just reached 5 years, he's a magnificent example of how the Drayons have kept Drageon safe from the Wraith.

"What sort of change?" wonders Selrine as she stands, Feltor's tail wrapped around her waist loosely. She's been bonded to Feltor for only a couple months but it feels like a lifetime. It helps that he unconditionally loves her and only his mate, Karit, takes precedence over her. Just as well, since Karit's human bonded is her own husband, Atrun Riversbane.

(New Chosen,) says Feltor with a mental grin. (New blood in the Prides. We may have a new Pride established outside Drageon.)

"Now why does that scare me?" asks Selrine with laughter. "How soon, do you know?"

(Soon.) Feltor grins. (They will come soon.)

"Just as well that most of the Eclipse Pride is out," mutters Selrine. "We don't need to scare prospective Chosen or new trading partners."

"What new trading partners?" chirps Karilna Windsbreath as her Rarity Gold drayon, Aersa, lands beside Feltor and lowers to herself to the ground to allow Karilna off. "Whatever happened to the Athosians anyway? I liked Teyla. She's cool."

"Intelligence says that they were Culled," says Selrine. "Atrun went there himself, and yes, he took Karit."

(Teyla wasn't Culled,) remarks Aersa as she lays down beside Feltor. (She's Chosen and Erito would know. She says Teyla's her human bonded,)

"Hmm..." says Karilna. "Then she may have escaped to another planet?"

"But whom?" wonders Selrine. "The Genii won't put her up, for fear she'll find out about their technology. Feltor, does Erito have any idea where she is?"

(She just knows that Teyla's alive,) replies Feltor after a minute or two. (And well.)

"Teyla'll make her way back to us eventually," says Selrine with a sigh. "We never made her think we wouldn't accept her."

"We never made her think we would," retorts Karilna. "She doesn't know of the Drayons, except due to the myths we spread on other planets. Those myths keep most of the other bloodthirsty races off Drageon."

(Would it be possible to ask other races?) wonders brown Vonor as he and brown Iiner land on a ledge above Feltor and Aersa.

(And put us at risk?) asks Feltor. (No. If Selrine sends ambassadors, then that means those with Drayon bonded will eventually be discovered. What do you think the Genii would do with a Drayon? Or the Antesians?)

(It was just a question,) mutters Iiner.

"Arguing about Teyla's whereabouts and how to find her won't help us in the long run!" says Selrine, effectively ending any further arguments. "Let's wait until Karit and Atrun return and *then* we'll decide what to do about finding Teyla. Who knows, she may come to us. We already know she's in good health and safe thanks to Erito. As long as Erito continues to know this, we'll stay. I believe that when Teyla's life is in immediate danger, that Erito will lead us exactly to where she is and we can bring her to Drageon then."

(In the meantime...how's your mating with Zanier going?) asks Aersa impishly to Vonor. Vonor yelps and nearly falls off the ledge he jumps so high, his wings barely keeping him afloat in his shock.

(Aersa!) exclaims Iiner and Feltor as one, suppressed amusement in their voices.

"My drayon," laughs Karilna. "The Yenta of Eclipse Pride!"

"Why am I regretting getting up today?" wonders Selrine to the sky. Seeing where the sun is, she glances at her watch and yelps. "I'm late!"

"Late for what?" wonders Karilna.

"Abigail wants to go over outfits for the dance tonight," sighs Selrine. "I don't want to go but she's all but begging. I promised i'd go shopping with her."

(Would you like some company?) asks Feltor.

"You'd be bored shitless," says Selrine. "Though she is taking Thain with her."

"Are they bonded?" wonders Karilna with a frown. "I thought Thain was unbonded for now..."

"They're just friends," says Selrine. "Thain isn't Abigail's and they both know it. It's just a friendship."

(Thain's is out there,) says Feltor as he streches with a roar. (He just has to find him or her.)

TBC