Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,844
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,090

Coming Out

Summary:

Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Pairing: Carson/Rodney (Rockett!)
Rating: Mild... Nothing much apart from kissing!
Status: Complete
Archive: Yes
Feedback: Please. Flames will be used to toast marshmallows!
Disclaimers: Unfortunately I don't own the boys. They would be much happier if I did...
Notes: Just a short story that popped into my head at work! It is pure fluff and with cause some to go into sugar shock! It will counteract the Angsty story I have written but not posted yet!!
Summary: Carson and Rodney Come Out to their friends.
Warnings: If you don't like the idea of two men in a loving relationship, or you are under age, then please hit delete now.
Submitted through the Stargate_Atlantis_Slash mailing list.

Work Text:

Coming Out
by Mahlia Belonn

Rodney was in love and he wanted to shout it out to the universe. Unfortunately, some small-minded people would take offense at his choice of partner, and that is why they had kept their relationship secret for the last year. Now though, they were both ready to come out to all their friends. They planned to let everyone know at the party tonight. The party was a monthly affair that was organized as a way for the staff of Atlantis to let off some steam since there was a distinct lack of places to go out socially! Rodney couldn't wait to see the look on everyone's faces when they found out. He knew for a fact that there would be several disappointed people when they found out that he had taken Carson off the market! He still had trouble believing his luck sometimes. Carson was a gorgeous, wonderful, caring man and the fact that he had fallen in love with Rodney was a constant source of amazement. Rodney knew he was difficult and egocentric, but it didn't matter to Carson. Of course they had their fights, but the love was strong and they were able to get past their differences. The passion was strong between them, and the make-up sex was always spectacular! Many times Rodney had been grateful for the fact that the living quarters were soundproof. If they hadn't been, they would have been outed on their first night together!

 

A pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around his waist from behind and Rodney groaned as a warm, wet mouth attached itself to his neck.

"Hi Carson..."

"You ready for tonight love?"

"Definitely... Can't wait to show them all how lucky I am."

"I'm the lucky one Rodney... I love you."

Rodney turned in Carson's arms so that they were face to face.

"I love you too," he whispered reverently before kissing his gorgeous Scotsman.

"So how are we going about this tonight?" Carson asked after they broke from the kiss.

"I was thinking that we could go in as we usually do, but as soon as they play the first slow dance, I would love to dance with you. How does that sound?"

"That sounds good. It will be wonderful to be able to be ourselves at last. I just hope there aren't any problems because of it."

"I hope so too, but whatever happens we'll have each other."

"Aye, that we will." they kissed again gently before reluctantly breaking apart.

"Time to get this show on the road..."

***

Carson and Rodney entered the party room bickering good-naturedly as usual. John just rolled his eyes at their behavior, while Elizabeth and Teyla smiled indulgently. Rodney was looking forward to Sheppard's reaction when they came out later. He always loved to tease him! They grabbed some food and drink and chatted with their friends while waiting for a slow dance. Now that the moment of their coming out was approaching, they were both getting more and more impatient. Time seemed to slow down to a crawl and all the music was lively. Finally the music slowed and the moment was upon them. Just as Rodney turned to Carson, Laura Cadman appeared.

"Carson would you like to dance with me?" Laura asked.

"Sorry but I'm already booked for this dance," Carson answered before grabbing Rodney's hand and pulling him out to the dance floor. Rodney smirked at Cadman and willingly followed. When the two men wrapped their arms around each other and slow-danced, the looks of shock on their friends faces almost had Rodney giggling. Soon though, all thoughts of everyone else disappeared as the two men got lost in the sensation of holding each other. Rodney's hands drifted down to grasp Carson's butt, while Carson started nuzzling Rodney's neck. It was obvious to everyone watching that Carson and Rodney were in love... No words needed to be said. Soon it became apparent though that they had forgotten that they were in a room full of people.

They were kissing now and needed to be reminded that they weren't alone.

 

Rodney and Carson both jumped as the cold jug of water was poured over them. They looked around to see Sheppard grinning at them while holding an empty jug.

"Just what did you do that for?" Rodney spluttered.

"You seemed to have forgotten that you weren't alone so we had to stop you before we saw more than we wanted," John replied with a smirk. Elizabeth and Teyla laughed while Cadman was alternating between shock and amusement.

"You could have just said something," Rodney grumpily replied.

"We did but you just ignored us. Anyway, you looked as though you needed some cooling down so..." Sheppard shrugged. Rodney just glared at John but it had no effect.

Carson snuggled into Rodney and the glare instantly disappeared only to be replaced by the smug grin.

 

"So how long have you two been together?" Elizabeth started the interrogation.

"A year," Rodney and Carson answered in unison.

The looks of shock at that answer made both men laugh.

"You two have been together for a year and managed to keep it a secret that long?" John sounded incredulous.

"I *can* keep secrets you know," Rodney sounded offended.

"Only because the living quarters are soundproof," Carson added sarcastically.

"Like you can talk... You're louder than I am," Rodney responded.

"TMI guys!" John interjected quickly. He really didn't want to think about them in the bedroom!

"How did you two get together?" Elizabeth continued.

"About a month after the time that Laura shared Rodney's body, we were arguing over something and Rodney was being his normal self..." Carson started.

"Hey! I was just pointing out the facts," Rodney countered.

"As I said, he was being himself and I reached the end of my tether. I just wanted him to be quiet, so I grabbed him and kissed him. I don't know what I was thinking, but it turned out to be the best thing I ever did." Carson smiled at Rodney and everyone could clearly see the love in his eyes. "Took me a while to convince him I was serious though." Carson hugged Rodney quickly as he said that.

"It was all so wonderful that I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, but he finally convinced me, " Rodney defended himself while hugging Carson back.

"So this is very serious then?" Elizabeth didn't really need to ask that but just wanted to get it out in the open.

"Aye it is. I love him with all my heart," Carson answered truthfully.

"Very serious," Rodney concurred before shocking everyone present by dropping down onto one knee in front of Carson. "I love you more than anything and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me Carson?"

Carson had tears forming in his eyes as he just stared at Rodney in shock. He definitely hadn't expected this tonight! Finally he realized that everyone was waiting for him to answer. There was only one thing he could say...

"Yes I'll marry you Rodney," he almost shouted. Everyone cheered as Rodney leapt up and kissed Carson to seal the promise.

"I think this deserves a toast!" John yelled out before holding his drink up. "To Rodney and Carson. May your relationship be a long and happy one, and may Carson have a calming influence on Rodney so that people won't want to kill him as much!" Everyone laughed as Rodney glared at John before they all raised their glasses.

"To Rodney and Carson," they all shouted before drinking to their health.

"To us," Carson said softly to Rodney.

"I love you," Rodney replied. They touched their cups together gently before drinking.

"You do realize that if we go to Canada to get married, it will actually be legal," Rodney commented.

"Aye, but we can have a legal ceremony in the UK too you know."

"Aren't we lucky we're not American!" Rodney said loud enough for Sheppard to hear.

"Yes, aren't *we* lucky *you're* not!" John shot back.

"You're just jealous," Rodney replied.

"And why would I be jealous?" John asked incredulously.

"Because you were born in such a backward country while a genius like me was born into a much more progressive country... You just wish you had a genius like me as one of your countrymen!" Rodney retorted.

Eyes were rolling around the room, and they all knew that if it didn't stop now it would keep going on and become incredibly childish.

Before John had a chance to answer back, Carson grabbed Rodney's shirt.

"Shut up Rodney," Carson said before kissing him hard. Everyone laughed and cheered at Carson's effectiveness.

"You do realize that kissing me to shut me up is not a deterrent?" Rodney asked after he was released.

"I know, but I do enjoy it!" Carson replied cheekily before kissing him again.

"Will you stop that! Can see Rodney's brain cells melting. We need his brain," Radek added his two cents worth.

Rodney childishly poked his tongue out at him in reply.

***

The night passed quickly and a good time was had by all. They had all danced in between eating, drinking, talking, and laughing. Carson and Rodney had spent all night receiving hugs and congratulations. No-one had said anything negative, but they knew there would be some backlash. For the moment though, everything had turned out to be almost magical for the two men. Elizabeth had almost ordered them to find new quarters to move into together, and Ronon, Teyla and John had offered to watch their backs in case of trouble. This eased their minds as even the most stupid of the marines knew not to mess with
Ronon or Teyla!

The door to Carson's quarters slid shut behind two tired, but happy men. They had spent most of the night in each others arms, enjoying the freedom to be able to touch each other. Tomorrow they would be professional, with only the occasional touch as they carried out their duties, but tonight they had been celebrating.

"Well that went better than I had hoped," Rodney stated.

"Aye it did. You managed to surprise me when you proposed. I was not expecting it at all."

"I surprised myself too. I hadn't even really thought of doing that... It just felt like the right thing to do."

"It is right. I do want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you with all of my heart Rodney."

"I love you too Carson... More than I can ever say."

They kissed gently to seal their vows to each other. Both knew that this was just the start of a wonderful future together!

 

The End
27th February, 2006