Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
597
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,218

Drabble: Torello on Trial

Summary:

small scene, partly based on the ep "Torello on Trial". Dialogue from the ep marked with *

Work Text:

It shouldn't have happened. Indicting Mike Torello along with Ray Luca, Phil Bartoli, and Pauli Taglia was crazy. Mike dirty? The notion was ludicrous.

At least the trial was over now and Mike's name was cleared. Luca may have been acquitted but the MCU would eventually get him. And that idiot, Breitel, would spend the next five years investigating illegal poaching in Alaska.

A big celebration started at The Orbit Room as soon as the MCU arrived after court. (David Abrams opted out of the party, still in mourning over his father.) Beer, champagne, and anything else the boys wanted flowed freely. It wasn't long before everyone was loose and having a good time.

Everyone who stepped into the joint was invited to join in the festivities. Mike and Danny sat at the bar, watching a limbo contest start up. Joey went first and fell on his butt. He grinned over his shoulder at Danny as he stumbled to his feet.

Next, a cute little blonde tried and ended up on her butt, too. Joey helped her up, while Danny wrapped an arm around Mike's neck and started leading him up to the limbo bar. He planted a sloppy kiss on the side of Mike's head. "Go on."

"I want you all to know that I've won a limbo contest before," Mike slurred. "And I'm gonna show you how I did it." He drew his gun. "Raise the bar.*"

Walter and Nate did so. Mike walked under, laughed, and went back to the bar just in time to see Chief Kramer come in. "Hiya, Chief."

Danny came over, too, and patted Mike's shoulder and then Kramer's. "Hiya doin', Chief?" He looked at Mike and kept an arm around Kramer. "Hey, Mike, why don't you take tomorrow off. You really deserve it.*"

Mike grinned. "That's a good idea.*"

Kramer knocked back a shot and said seriously, "Why don't you slow down, Lieutenant.*"

Mike smirked. "What for? I've got the day off tomorrow, right?*"

"Just be sober by five PM,*" Kramer answered and handed Mike a card.

Danny was too drunk to really be curious. He quit paying attention to Mike and Kramer. He caught Joey watching him from the pool table. Joey looked good. Then again, Joey always looked good.

Joey grinned widely and arched his eyebrows. He was way past buzzed. He was horny and he wanted Danny to pound him into oblivion.

Danny made his way through the crows over to Joey's side. He nudged Joey with his elbow. "You look like you're feelin good."

Joey laughed. "Oh, I am." He briefly lost his balance and leaned against Danny. "But I know something that would make me feel even better," he whispered.

"Yeah, I'll bet," Danny murmured, steadying Joey with a hand on the lower back.

Joey downed the last quarter of his beer. "Do you think Mike would notice if we left early?"

Danny finished the rest of his own beer. "Mike's not noticing much of anything right now."

Joey took a step and bumped into Danny again. "Let's go," he said with quiet urgency. "I want you, Danny."

The thought of Joey against him, skin-to-skin, sent a jolt of anticipation through Danny. Thank God his place was within walking distance. "Let's go."

With that, they slipped out. The party kept going strong through the night, while they had a private party of their own. Joey got his wish. Danny did pound him into oblivion.