Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-04-17
Words:
6,317
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
21
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,336

Stakes and Gundams

Summary:

BtVSGW crossover. Heero/Relena, Trowa/Quatre, Wufei/Sally,and Duo/Xander. Someone wants Duo dead, lucky for him the centuries haven't changed the White Knight all that much. Set after the war, the pilots are all in their early twenties.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: I don't own BtVS or Gundam Wing. Despite how much I wish it were otherwise.
Obviously set long after season 7 of Buffy and going AU for Gundam Wing since I'm hopeless with the timeline.
The pilots and Relena are all in their early twenties so it is after the series. I have finally reached episode 35 of the anime so that is as far as my knowledge goes except what I have read from other authors.
Pairings: 01/R, 05/Sally, 03/04 and either 02/Xander, Spike/Angel or Xander/02/Spike or Xander/Spike. Not sure about those three yet.
In case you hadn't noticed yet, Xander is my favourite Buffy character, he just had so much unused potential. And Spike comes in a close second. Buffy was just to whiny and for some reason I seem to like writing guys, which is weird because I'm a girl.
I know I shouldn't have started another one but oh well, here it is.

Chapter 1

 

The first thing he slowly became aware of was the distinctive smell of a hospital room. After that was the annoying beeping of the various monitors. He really hated hospitals but at least he wasn't cuffed to the bed. The fact that he couldn't remember what he'd done to end up in this one was a little worrying though. He slowly cracked one eye open, wincing against the harsh lighting.

"Duo? Are you awake?" Only Quatre could fill his voice with that much concern. He managed a pained moan but someone got the hint as the blinds were closed and a straw placed at his lips. He carefully opened both eyes this time to see that it was Heero holding the glass of water and that Fei had been the one to close the blinds.

"What happened?" He asked as Heero helped him to sit up against the pillows.

"You don't remember?" The concern in Heero's voice warmed his heart, even if it wasn't the concern he'd always secretly wished for from the other pilot.

"Nope." The others exchanged glances and he started to really worry.
"Guys?"

"We were hoping you could tell us. Apparently some guy ran in here with you in his arms but by the time anyone thought to question him about what happened he was gone. We only got a vague description. Tall, over six feet, dark hair and young. Maybe an eye patch. We don't know if he knows what happened or if he just found you and decided to help."

"What's the diagnosis doc?" Duo addressed ion to the four months pregnant Sally Chang, nee Po.

"Concussion, severe blood loss due to a stab wound in the stomach, twenty five stitches, three cracked ribs and a split lip."

"No wonder I feel bad."

"It also explains the memory loss." Fei offered, wrapping an arm around his wife of two years.

"Yeah. So why are all you guys here? Shouldn't you be on L4 with Relena for that conference?"

"We got back yesterday, you were out for three days."

"Oh. When can I get out of here?"

"Not until the day after tomorrow, at the earliest. And don't you dare try to sneak out." Sally admonished him, ignoring his pout.

-----------
Two men stood in the alley over a third who was kneeling, apparently searching for something.

"Got it." The kneeling one exclaimed, holding up a distinctive ring.

"Nice job Whelp."

"Are you ever going to stop calling me that?"

"Nope. You ever going to stop calling me Fangless or Droops Dead Boy?"

"Good point." They grinned as their companion sighed at their argument.

"You two could live until the sun goes nova and you will still be acting like children." The two exchanged a look before grinning at him.

"Yep." They said in unison. The youngest of the three pocketed the ring and stood, brushing off the knees of his jeans as he did so.

"We won't find anything else here, might as well head home before you two become flammable." He said, suddenly serious.

"Rub it in why don't you." The blond complained.

"Not my fault I'm not combustible. Think I should watch the hospital, make sure they don't try again?"

"Just don't get caught. Last thing we need is our only daylight able operative ending up in jail for something he didn't do."

"Relax DB, I can blend." With that he vanished.

"I really hate it when he does that."

"Spike you hate it when he does anything not humanly normal."

"Well it's not right! He was the donught boy! Joe normal! Now he's all Immortal vanishing into thin air guy! It's bloody unfair!"

"Yeah, but think of the price he paid for it Spike." That shut the blond up.

"That's the most unfair bit of all Sire. He shouldn't have had to go through that, not after everything else."

"I know Childe, I know." Angel sighed sadly.
"He's right, we better head in."

--------------------
Xander, or Alex as he went by these days, made his way through the hospital, easily dodging staff and visitors alike. It sure made sneaking places easy when no one could see you, something he had had many reasons to be grateful for over the centuries. Centuries, not something he'd ever thought he'd be able to look back over, at least not with his soul firmly attached. And it was something he hated. Looking around at all the people all he could feel was envy; he envied them the knowledge that within a set amount of years they'd be dead. How he wished that he could have that knowledge back but it was pointless. They'd spent literally centuries researching a cure and none had yet to be found. He hadn't told the others but he'd even tried blowing up a space shuttle with him still on board, funny enough he was still here. Still fighting the 'good fight', not that there was much of a good fight to fight these days. No Hellmouth's or apocalyptical prophecies. Just your occasional demons and vampires until now. They hadn't seen hide nor hair of the Order in over two hundred years, until three days ago when he'd found two of them trying to kill a kid in the alley. Alex smiled slightly, he supposed that the guy wasn't really a kid compared to others but compared to him?

Question was, who was willing to pay that much to kill some guy with a braid and why? Why would you need the Order of Tereka just to kill some young man barely into his twenties, if that? Your average street thug could do that. Unless there was more to the kid than there first appeared. Either way, he was now the kid's unofficial bodyguard until they could work it out.

----------------
Duo stared out the window. The others had finally been shoed out an hour ago by an irate nurse, even Sally since she didn't work at this particular hospital. Funny thing was, he was sure there was someone in the room with him, someone who hadn't been there before the others left. He hadn't survived the streets of L2 and a war by ignoring those feelings. The thing was, the presence felt more protective than hostile. Still didn't mean he was going to relax.

Xander watched the young man as he stared out the window. He sure had an interesting group of friends from what he'd seen of them as he'd used their leaving to slip into the room. He was glad that the kid, Duo he'd read of the chart, was recovering well. He'd been worried by the stab wound in his stomach, he'd lost an awful amount of blood from it. But it looked like he'd be released in a few days, which would make guarding him a lot harder.

"I know you're there so why don't you just show yourself." Xander actually stopped breathing for a few seconds in shock. He knew he was in the room? How? Could Duo be sensitive to the supernatural somehow? Magic, at least in humans, was very rare these days but it was still possible. Question was, should he show himself?
"Look, stop playing games! I know there is someone in here. If you're here to finish the job then try your best, I won't go down without a fight!" Duo was looking around now, a knife in his hand. Where had that come from? Sighing, Xander let himself become visible.

Duo stared in shock before tightening his grip on the knife Heero must have left under his pillow for him. He hadn't actually expected a guy to appear out of thin air.

"I'm not here to hurt you Duo." The man said calmly, staying out of reach unless Duo wanted to risk throwing his only weapon.
"It would kind of defeat the purpose of bringing you here in the first place."

"You're the guy that brought me in?" Looking at him he did fit the description, then again so did a good percentage of the population.
"How do you know my name?"

"It's on your chart and I was here when your friends said goodbye. It's good to see you're doing better, I thought you were dead when I found you."

"Who are you?"

"Alex. At the moment I'm your bodyguard. Do you know why those guys attacked you?"

"Who attacked me? I don't remember anything about what happened."

"Great, there goes that hope. All I know is that they belong to a very old order of assassins. I stopped those two but there will be more, they don't stop till the job's done. Piss anyone off lately?"

"Not that I know of. How do I know you're not one of them, trying to gain my trust?"

"You don't but I'm not. I've had run ins with them before, usually when they were trying to kill some friends of mine so I know how they work. If you can think of anyone who would have the money to hire them it would be helpful."

"Look, thanks for the save and all but I can look after myself." He glared as Alex raised an amused eyebrow.

"So you're in hospital why?"

"Why help me? What do you get out of it?"

"Besides stopping a bunch of evil ruthless assassins? You wouldn't believe me if I told you kid."

"You'd be surprised what I'll believe and don't call me kid, you're not that much older than me."

"Aren't I?" Duo started as Alex vanished and the door opened, admitting a nurse. Great, perfect timing! He grumbled the whole time she was in the room and then waited once she was gone. But Alex never reappeared.

TBC...