Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-03-14
Words:
9,059
Chapters:
8/8
Comments:
2
Kudos:
21
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
4,348

Let's Get Tony

Summary:

Summary: A mission to South America turns into something unexpected.
Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to Bellisarius Productions and Paramount, except for the original characters. No copyright infringement is intended. This story is for entertainment purposes only; no money is being made.
A/N: Huges thanks go to Rinne, who makes me look smarter than I am by clearing up my bad punctuation and asking me questions when the story doesn't make sense. She also helps when I just don't know how to get from Scene A to Scene B. hugs to Rinne.
This story was originally published 12/18/05 in another forum.

Chapter 1: Chapter One

Chapter Text

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Chapter One

McGee looked pale over the transmission appearing on the plasma screen in MTAC. His head was bandaged and he sounded hoarse.

"I'm sorry, Boss," he apologized. "We never heard them, and everything happened so fast. When I woke up Corporal Pearson and Tony were gone. I can't even tell you what happened."

"Not your fault, McGee," replied Gibbs. "Are you sure you're okay?"

McGee nodded, then winced. "The doctors said the bullet hit at just the right angle to be deflected by the skull. I don't know why they didn't kill me, or why they took Tony."

"They probably thought you were dead, I'm sure there was a lot of blood," Director Sheppard spoke up. "And who knows why they took Special Agent DiNozzo. Maybe they wanted to see if they could get information from him, or sell him on the black market."

Seeing McGee's puzzled look, Gibbs explained, "There's a huge market for human 'goods', McGee. Tony's young, strong, healthy and attractive, gender doesn't matter." He stopped there, letting the information sink in. McGee's expression changed from questioning, to aware, to horrified.

"I'm coming down," declared Gibbs. "Gather all the information you can about the area for me from Joe Tabaraz."

Sheppard turned to confront him. "You are not, going down there. Special Agent McGee is returning to NCIS as soon as he's declared fit to travel."

Furious, Gibbs towered over the Director. "I am not leaving an agent down there, not now, not ever..."

"There is every reason to believe that DiNozzo is dead, Special Agent Gibbs," interrupted Sheppard. "I will not let my top agent go down there on a wild goose chase just to satisfy some ridiculous 'code' of never leaving a man behind. Not when it's so obviously hopeless."

His expression turning cold and hard, Gibbs moved closer to the Director, standing nearly toe-to-toe. "I'm going to Ecuador, and I am bringing my agent back home, one way or another. You can try to stop me if you want to, but I wouldn't advise it." His eyes bored into hers daring her to do something. Finally, Sheppard blinked and turned away, frowning grimly.

Gibbs turned on his heel and stalked out of the room, followed closely by an uncharacteristically quiet Ziva David.

Striding to his desk, Gibbs slammed his chair back angrily, then ran his hands through his hair in frustration. He felt helpless; two of his agents had been ambushed on what should have been a simple retrieval mission. Corporal Roger Pearson, a mule for drug runners, had run to Ecuador to hide when his illegal activities had been discovered. Tony and McGee were to bring him back to the States to be court-martialed after the local authorities found him holed up in a run-down hotel. Somehow things had gone terribly wrong and now McGee was stuck in a foreign country with a head injury, and Tony was missing.

"She could be right," Ziva said softly.

Gibbs looked up at her, eyes questioning.

"Tony could already be dead." Ziva's usual confident tone was gone, she was hesitant and appeasing, and her eyes glistened slightly. In the months since first joining NCIS, Officer Ziva David had become an integral member of the team, forming an almost telepathic partnership with DiNozzo, in particular. Gibbs was confident that his team was the best it could be. They'd all finally moved on.

"DiNozzo is not dead, and if he is, I'm going to kill him." His face dared Ziva to make a comment. "I want you to find out who took him."

"How?"

"You're a smart girl," he growled. "Just do it."

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

"What is this," demanded Gibbs, squinting at the video playing on the large plasma screen in Abby's lab.

"I pulled some twine," replied Ziva, not noticing the odd look that Abby gave her. "This is surveillance video of a local group of resistance fighters."

Gibbs, Ziva and Abby watched silently, as a motley group of men went about their business in a small camp surrounded by rainforest. There appeared to be nothing especially interesting going on and just as Gibbs was starting to get impatient a group of men walked out of the trees toward the camp. The two groups seemed to know each other, and Gibbs' eye was caught by the sight of someone being led by one of the armed men.

"Tony," whispered Gibbs.

Tony DiNozzo looked a bit worse for wear, his clothes were dirty and torn, his hair disheveled. He had a few days growth on his face, his hands were tied behind his back and a rope was looped around his neck, the guard using it like a leash to lead the helpless agent around. Tony stumbled and almost fell, but was jerked upright and pulled forward. Once they had reached the other men, he was hit on the back of his legs causing him to fall to his knees. His head was forced to the ground, and he was left there, in a huddled position, while the guerillas talked and laughed.

"He's alive!" squealed Abby, her enthusiasm quickly squelched by a look from Gibbs. "This is a good thing, Gibbs. Tony's still alive."

Ignoring Abby, Gibbs turned to Ziva. "When was this footage taken?"

"Yesterday," she replied. "Yes, there's no guarantee that he's still alive, but as of yesterday morning, Tony was among the living."

Gibbs turned back to the screen, scowling at the sight of his agent huddled on the ground, possibly in need of medical attention.

"What now?" Ziva looked at Gibbs expectantly.

"We go get him and bring him home."

"Yessss!" Abby bounced up and down excitedly.

TBC