Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-12-28
Words:
17,917
Chapters:
37/37
Kudos:
26
Hits:
8,302

Needs

Summary:

Rating: PG
Pairing: N/A
Archive: Yes
Fandom: Emergency!
Summary: Roy DeSoto arrives home after his shift at 51's in the story based on the events in the Emergeny episode "Helpful".
Content Warning: Some harsh Language.
Copyright: March 2006 by Robin R. Neher
THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT. THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_Squidge mailing list.

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

Needs
by Robin R. Neher

It was a bright sunny morning in Los Angeles, California as Firefighter/Paramedic Roy DeSoto arrived home after on of the roughest shifts he'd ever spent at station 51. The runs themselves were routine, but it was Roy's personal life that had troubled him during much of that shift.

Roy and his wife of seven years, Joanne had been fighting over what now seemed to the sandy haired man a silly thing. They had fought over Joanne's spaghetti recipe.

Now, as Roy walked into his house, he realized how wrong he'd been and how right his wife was to be mad at him.

"I'm home!" Roy called.

"In here, Hon!" Joanne DeSoto called the kitchen.

Roy smiled as he hung up his jacket in the closet near the front door, then made his way to where his love was. Upon arriving in the kitchen, Roy was greeted by the sight of Jo, washing the last of the breakfast dishes.

Roy walked over to the 5'6 and black haired woman and kissed her.

"You seem chipper today," She noticed.

"Hon, I'm sorry." He said.

"What for?" His wife asked.

"For the other night." Roy explained. "I never meant to hurt you with that remark about Mike Stoker's spaghetti. I wasn't thinking when I said that."

"Hon, it's all over now." Joanne said.

"Not for me." Roy told her. "I never meant to say that you were a bad cook-"

"I know that." She cut him off. "I also see now that I took the whole thing more personally than I should have."

"Hon, if I were in your shoes, I would've reacted the same way." Roy offered. "I know now that it wasn't about the damn recipe. You wanted to know that what you'd made was appreciated."

"I'm glad you understand that." Jo smiled. "See, we all need support from those we love. I wasn't asking you to rave over my food."

"I know." Roy nodded.

"I just wanted to know that you liked what I'd gone to so much trouble to make." Joanne told him.

TBC....................