Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
338
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
945

It’s Silly

Summary:

Fandom: Harry Potter
Pairing: Harry/Colin
Rating: G
Summary: Harry muses on one of Colin’s cutest attributes.
Submitted through the shutterbugs mailing list.

Work Text:

It's Silly
By Andi

It's silly, but I can't help it.

Colin has been mine all of two months, and like so many other teenagers in the beginning stages of a relationship, we can't get enough of each other. Constantly touching and kissing and cuddling together. It's all so wonderful, but there is one special thing about Colin that I adore above all else. But it's silly.

It isn't his shining smiles, or his luminous eyes - though I love those things about my Colin. It isn't his laugh or his walk or his hands. It isn't even the way he chews his food.

It's the way he sneezes.

The first time I saw him do it, I couldn't believe how utterly adorable he was. His little nose scrunched up, his eyes squeezed shut, and his entire body seemed to vibrate with the force, but the only sound that came out was a high pitched squeaked. Like a mouse. A really cute mouse. I couldn't help but wrap him in my arms and kiss him. He was a bit surprised by that reaction.

Now, I almost hope something will happen to produce a sneeze while he's in my arms. We walk together through the gardens, my arm around his shoulders, his around my waist, and on those occasions when something in the air gets to him and his slight body shivers in my grasp while he lets out that precious little sound, I hold him tighter to me and kiss his cheek or forehead. He can't help the smile that brings to his watery eyes.

He thinks I'm odd for loving the way he sneezes, and maybe he's right, but when it comes to Colin, I don't care if I'm completely insane. It's him I'm crazy about. And the way he sneezes.

God help him if he ever catches a cold.

The End