Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
321
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,066

Fool

Summary:

A/N: I’ve been feeling…emo lately, and I’m so sick of it! So this is me venting…and hopefully this is a good and amusing and tear jerking vent. :P
Summary: As I watched the two leave the room, my epiphany stayed with me, and I wrapped it around me like a shield.
Rating: T (Pg-13)
Oh, and this is from a “mysterious� POV.
Submitted through the StargateAtlantisSlash mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at Stargate_Atlantis_Slash

Work Text:

Fool
by Bfcat (AKA Finiz)

As I stared at him, smiling and laughing and flirting...
I had an epiphany.
It was like that tsunami from the Storm hit me, and I was drowning.
All of those dry looks and his damn commissary runs and-and...!
Nothing.
It all meant nothing.
I watched from the background with grim understanding as the colonel charmed his latest conquest. Her eyes all a-flutter and girly giggles.
The knife in my back was starting to chafe.
All the kisses, the sighs, the hungry looks...
She covered her mouth with her dainty little hands, looking up at him with adoration -Damn it John, you said you were mine!- and lust -And that I was yours...-.
He grinned and she scooted closet to him, snuggling into his side.
A perfect fit, they molded together.
Everyone exchanged knowing looks, smiles on their faces, and I just blended in with the background. I was the fly on the wall.
Unwanted, unheard, and unnoticed.
All the warnings were there: Chaya, that half ascended bimbo, the whore from the tower! How blind am I?
His hand disappeared under the table, and she beamed. Her brown locks shining in the Sun, making her look...radiant.
Her hand disappeared too.
All the "I love you"s.
I love you, Rodney.
Bull.
All of it.
As I watched the two leave the room, my epiphany stayed with me, and I wrapped it around me like a shield.
No one has figured this truth out, except me, and I like it that way.
Rodney Mckay, you're a fool.
I quietly slipped away.

 

A/N: I'm not sure if I like this...I dunno. It seems kind of...melodramatic to me. *shrugs* But I thought the same thing about my last angst fic, which did well, apparently...so...*shrugs again* Whatever. : ) I feel better now.