Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,005
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
4
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
2,252

Tony's very bad day sorta..

Summary:

Rating-PG
pairing-Gibbs/Tony pre-slash
disclaimer: Don't belong to me
archive-yep
summary- Tony's having a bad day, but things look up...all for Keyla
Submitted through the NavyNCISslash mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at NavyNCISslash2

Work Text:

Tony's very bad day, sorta..
by Belladonna

Tony was late. Again. And Gibbs was going to rip him a new asshole. Stupid ice storm, stupid power outage, stupid people driving in other cars.

BEEP! He honked his horn furiously at the person who almost swerved into him. "Jesus, did you get your license out of a Cracker Jack box?" He yelled to the oblivious driver. Then had to chuckle at himself. As he drove he saw a turn off and remembered that it was one of Gibbs' short cuts. He turned on his turn signal, then slowly made the turn, taking it wide. They hadn't gotten to sanding the side roads yet and he didn't want to ram into a tree or something.

*

Gibbs frowned at his watch, "Where in the hell is DiNozzo?"

McGee looked up from his desk, "I think I heard that his apartment complex lost power again, Boss."

"Why the hell he lives there I will never know." Gibbs grumbled, "Busted water pipes, fire, flood and now this. The place is cursed." He dialed Tony's number and got, "We're sorry but all of lines are busy, please try again later."

"Look's like the phone lines are down again." He said out loud as he dialed Tony's cell. He got a busy signal. Whoops. Probably trying to call with another excuse. Gibbs hung up his phone and waited for it to ring.

*

Tony fumbled and dropped his phone, "Fuckmegoddamnsonofabitch!" He yelled, banging his hand on the steering wheel, "Could this day get any worse?" He asked out loud. The feeling of his wheels slipping on the curve made him sigh, and hang on. "Of course."

He did everything right, he didn't slam on his brakes, kept his speed steady but the ice and gravity were against him. His truck spun around and he went down backwards down the steep hill. The sounds of small trees snapping and the creaking of abused metal was in his ears until there was a vicious jerk, his head banging against the window and he lost consciousness.

"Sir, sir? Mr. DiNozzo?"

There was an annoying buzz in his ear, "What?" then he groaned, his chest was being compressed by the airbag.

"Mr. DiNozzo, this is OnStar, I have a notice saying your airbag has deployed."

Tony looked around blearily, "Yeah, accident. Damn it."

"Do you need an ambulance?"

This question made Tony pause, he couldn't see outside of the steamed up windows. He tried his door but he didn't have the strength, "Um yeah. Could you call my boss too?"

The operator said, "Of course. Can I have the number?"

After reciting it twice, Tony sighed and let his headrest back on the headrest. He declined the operators offer to stay online with him and he was left in blessed silence. Then his phone rang. He looked around and found that it had somehow gotten thrown up onto the seat beside him, huh. "DiNozzo." He said, not hearing how weak his voice was.

"DiNozzo, where are you?" Gibbs barked. He was surprised to hear a laugh.

"Gee, I'm not sure but I think the OnStar gal knows."

Gibbs other line rang and he gestured for McGee to pick it up. "What do you mean? Are you ok?"

"Boss, it's the OnStar operator." Came McGee's voice.

"Tell her I'm talking to him, but find out where he is." Gibbs ordered, his heart starting to pound in panic. He stood up and slipped his jacket on, "Where are you Tony?" Tucking the phone to his ear as he worked.

Tony was starting to feel a little faint, "You know that little known shortcut you use sometimes, off of 114? The one that goes right?"

It immediately popped into Gibbs mind, that and the fact it had a steep slope on it's northerly side, "Are you out of your fucking mind? I bet they haven't even sanded, much less salted that road yet!"

"Gee, ya think?" Came Tony's voice, slightly weaker, but with noticeable sarcasm.

Gibbs chuckled as he got himself into his truck and started driving, "Are you hurt?"

Head aching, Tony winced, "Yeah, I banged my head I think. There's blood in my left eye. Hey, watch the road, it's a little slippery." He was staring to feel the cold and his head was spinning.

"Hang on Tony, I'm almost there." He listened for a moment, but didn't hear anything, "Tony? DiNozzo!" he carefully took the next winding turn and he gasped. There was a huge hole in the scenery, and the faint glow of lights through the broken greenery. He pulled to a stop and got out, hearing the sound of an ambulance in the distance. "Tony!" He yelled.

Tony roused slightly, thinking that he heard something. He listened and heard the very welcome sound of Gibbs hollering his name, then he konked back out.

Gibbs got down to the side of the truck, and winced. There was blood on the window, and it reminded him of when Tony had almost died when he'd gone undercover with the smuggler of those Iraqi antiquities. He pushed his way through the brush and opened the passenger door, "DiNozzo?" He said, then crawled halfway in, turning the unconscious man's head towards him, "Tony, come on, time to wake up."

There was a sliver of green gold, and a slight smile, "Hey Boss."

He never knew that relief could be so sweet. "Hey DiNozzo. Slacking on the job I see." He cupped Tony's unbloody cheek, watching as the haze of confusion cleared.

"You found me." It was a statement of fact, green eyes serene in their certainty.

Deep, deeper, deepest. Gibbs felt himself fall, "I'll always find you Tony." The sound of the ambulance coming to a stop above them made him smile, "Let's get you out of here."

 

end this part