Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-04-25
Words:
1,190
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
1
Kudos:
19
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,071

Collection of E/S Drabbles

Summary:

Sets of Drabbles

Disclaimers and Beta list can be found on my author's info page.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Prompt 6 - 10

Chapter Text

~*~

Title: Falling
Prompt: #6 – Hours
Word Count: 127

It took me hours to fall in love with him. Horatio brought him into my lab and the rest was history. I looked into brown eyes and got lost. He gave me a shy smile and every rule I ever made stating that I would never date a co-worker went out the window.

I had a backlog of evidence to process. Horatio suggested that he could help me, as a way of showing him the ropes. While we worked on the evidence I learned he was the baby of the family with three older sisters. He’s half Cuban, half Russian and spoke both languages fluently.

Four hours later I was completely and utterly in love. Now I just had to figure out what to do about it.

~*~

Title: Now What?
Prompt: #7 – Days
Word Count: 155

I had thought about him for days. He never left my mind. He was in my dreams, my thoughts. I wasn’t sleeping very well and it was starting to show. I took a few days off to clear my head and figure out what to do. Now that I had fallen in love with a Russian/Cuban Catholic boy, what do I do?

I took my bike out and just drove wherever the road would take me. I hadn’t felt these emotions since before I ran from New York. I had never thought I would fall in love again. But here I was, a lovesick puppy.

I sat on my bike and looked out over ocean. As I watched the sunrise I came to a decision. New York was my past it was time to move on. I kicked my bike into gear and sped back to Miami. I had a Russian/Cuban Catholic boy to woo.

~*~

Title: Plotting
Prompt: #8 – Weeks
Word Count: 124

Before I was due back at work I knew I had to come up with some sort of plan. He wasn’t going to be easy to woo. There’s a cultural history I would have to get through. I had my heart set on him and I wasn’t going to give up because of some self-righteous teachings.

I took the next few weeks and learned what I could about him - what he liked, what he did outside of work. We went clubbing together. I watched as he picked up girls, seeing what he liked, seeing if there was any sign.

I grinned from the dance floor. It seems our Russian/Cuban Catholic boy doesn’t mind getting a drink from a man. Let the wooing begin.

~*~

Title: Seducing
Prompt: #9 – Months
Word Count: 173

I put my plan to action. It started off slow. A beer after work, maybe some dinner; then progressed to an afternoon around town. I opened up, which let me tell you wasn’t easy on my part. I talked about my childhood, he told me about his. I told him about my first love, how I lost him and ended up in Miami.

He told me about the first boy he loved. How he was so scared to come out to his parents. Only to find out they loved him no matter who he loved. I courted him for months before he took the bull by the horns and kissed me.

“I got tired of waiting.” He grinned as he pulled me down the hallway towards my bedroom.

I explored his body with my tongue, memorized it with my hands and as I slipped into him I told him what was in my heart. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” He reached up and pulled me into a soft sweet loving kiss.

~*~

Title: Anniversary
Prompt: #10 – Years
Word Count: 168

I couldn’t keep the grin off my face. Today was a special day. Five years ago he told me he loved me. He now tells me every morning as we wake up. I won’t lie it hasn’t been all perfect and rosy. We’ve had our fights. One of them so bad I thought I had lost him. But with some help from our friends and family we made it through and have been stronger ever since.

Today is not only our anniversary, but the day we sign the papers for our new house. Our House. I like the sound of that. He’s grinning from ear to ear bouncing on the balls of his feet. His excitement is contagious.

I signed my name on the dotted line next to his. It’s official. We own a house. Here’s to the next fifty years or so. I pulled him into my arms and kissed him. He laughed as he pulled me into our house. We had some rooms to break in.