Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
649
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
956

Warm

Summary:

Fandom: BJ Jones' Sylum universe, specifically NCIS/Hawaii
Pairing: Tim McGee/Sean Harrison(Drift)
Genre: Slash
Rating; FRT, established relationship, no actual sex (at least in this part)
Series/Sequel: Sequel to Cold
Archive: Sylum homepage if Bev wants it, WWOMB, Beyond Canon
Synopsis: Drift has a miserable day at the office
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

Warm
by Drift/Josette Grover

"Harrison, my office now." Captain Harada says as Drift's scowl sent another suspect spilling his guts. Declan. Edwards, and Gaines smirk at Harrison's back, ducking and going back to their paperwork when Harada scowls at thiem.

"Okay, what is going on, Drift?" Captain Harada asks after shutting the door, closing the blinds, and dropping into his desk chair. "You're not usually this peevish. Have you been eating?"

"I don't know what it is," Drift sighs, dropping into the chair across the desk from his Chosen one. "Yes, I have eaten, I went to a club last night.. I don't mind putting Declan up until his apartment is repaired," Drift stands up, opening blinds enough to peek through at his partner talking to the latest suspect Drift had growled at, "maybe I'm not just used to having another person around 24/7."

"Drift, when's the last time you saw your mate?"

"A couple of months ago." Drift sits back down in the chair with a sigh. "He's been involved in a major case, we haven't been able to do much more than e-mail each other and a couple of hurried phone calls."

"You've got plenty of vacation time saved up. Why don't you go visit him?"

"I don't want to distract him while they're working on that case." Drift says. "Tim wasn't able to tell me what it is, but whatever it is, it's big. They've pretty much been living at the office for a couple of weeks now."

"Talk to him when you get off work." Terry orders the older man with a sigh. "Until then, try not to scare any more suspect, huh? We don't want anybody complaining about harassment." Harada sighs as he watches the door close behind the vampire.

Drift sits back down at his desk, scowling at the pile of paperwork in front of him. Grabbing a pencil, he starts to write, growling as the lead snaps. Snarling, he throws the pencil across the room into a trash can.

"Harrison, take the rest of the day off." Captain Harada orders from his office. "Declan, take your partner home and make sure he stays there. Harrison, I don't want to see you in the office until Monday. And no Gaines," He smirks as the detective starts to open his mouth, "You can't go home if you start growling and throwing things."

"Damn," Chris Gaines mutters as he closes another file and tosses it in his outbox.

John Declan looks at his partner as they enter Sean's apartment. He's never seen the other man act this way, maybe staying with him while his apartment was fixed hadn't been such a good idea after all.

"Sean, you want me to find another place to stay until my apartment's ready?" He asks softly, dropping onto the couch with a bottle of beer from the fridge as the other man irritably paces the living room floor.

"No, I'm not mad at you. I . . . " Drift turns, his nostrils flaring as a familiar scent hits him just as there's a knock at the door. Stalking towards the door, he takes a deep breath before opening it, finding his mate standing on the other side. Pulling McGee into his arms, Drift buries his face in the younger man's hair as they head towards the master bedroom.

Declan blinks, smirking as he gets up, pulling the suitcase into the apartment and shutting the door. A low moan from the bedroom makes him hurriedly grab his jacket and head for the front door, leaving a note on the kitchen island to tell his partner to enjoy himself and he'd be back in the morning.

The end