Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-02-25
Words:
10,591
Chapters:
6/6
Kudos:
13
Hits:
2,939

Gifts from the Gods

Summary:

DISCLAIMER: Joss owns the characters
DISTRIBUTION: Anyone SPOILERS: Season 4
CATEGORY: B/X...eventually
AUTHOR: Nate
SUMMARY: Xander becomes a God.
NOTES: Anya and Xander split up but decided to be friends, she’s dating Graham, Oz is still gone, B/R are dating, though haven’t done anything.
RATING: PG
FEEDBACK: I have a fragile ego, be nice.
Submitted through the 0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0 mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at
0oBuffyXanderFanfictiono0_2

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text




Gifts from the Gods
by Nate


Prologue

Xander Harris slowly opened his eyes, he felt like crap. The first thing he noticed was a bright light shining in his eyes, and the man behind it.

"Mr. Harris, I'm Dr. Brookah. Do you know where you are?" the man said.

"Well considering you're a doctor I'd say I'm in a hospital," Xander stated weakly.

"Well Mr. Harris you just got out of major surgery where we repaired serious damage done to several major organs. You have some friends outside that want to see you if you are up to it," Dr. Brookah said.

"Yeah," Xander said.

A Few Minutes Earlier...

"Doctor, how is he?" asked a very distraught Buffy Summers. Her boyfriend Riley, Willow, Giles, and Anya surrounded her.

"Well he's just come out of major surgery and we did lose him for a little bit, but we were able to bring him back, now he is in stable condition. I am confident he will make a full recovery. You can see him now if you want."

When Buffy heard that the doctors lost him, she felt the tears flow down her face. When he said that he was alive she cried even harder, but these weren't tears of sorry, rather they were tears of joy. He's going to be alright she thought.


Present time...

Buffy peeked in and smiled when she saw him, "Hey Xand how are you feeling?"

"Like I've been hit by a truck," was his response.

She giggled at his response. "Well you've looked better," she said.

"So... can you tell me what happened?"

"You don't remember?"

Xander shakes his head.

"Well we were hunting some nasty demons with Riley and his group. I got knocked down, you jumped in, saved my butt and you got hurt in the process," Buffy said.

Xander had a smirk on his face. "Well Buff, it's such a lovely butt, I wouldn't want to see it damaged."

At those words Buffy started to blush profusely, then Riley and the rest walked into the room.

Willow was the first one to speak. "Xander how are you feeling?"

"Better now that you guys are here," was his response.

"So is there anything I can do to make you feel better Xander?" Anya said.

"Anya we discussed this, just because we played doctor doesn't mean you're a real one. Besides I don't think Graham would like that" Xander said with a grin on his face.

Anya along with every other female in the room started turning beet red, while the guys just laughed.

Just then a nurse comes in, "I'm sorry but visiting hours are over, you'll have to leave" she says.

"We'll be back bright and early tomorrow Xander" Willow said.

"Alright, see you guys tomorrow."

Then they all walked out of the door leaving Xander all alone. Just then a different nurse walked in the door.

"Hi, I'm nurse Walker, I need to take your temperature" she says.

Just as Xander starts to open his mouth she speaks again. Her only words struck terror in Xander's heart.

"Not there honey," she said.

The implication of her words caused Xander's eyes to widen in fear.


Several hours later...


Xander has just woken up from a deep sleep to see a silhouette of a woman leaning against the doorway. He just hoped that he doesn't need his temperature taken again. His fears are alleviated as he notices that it isn't a nurse, rather the most beautiful woman, next to Buffy of course, that he has ever seen.

"Hello" was the only word that came out of her perfect mouth.

"Hi" Xander finally blurted out after he finally recovered.


To be Continued...