Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
709
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,102

Meeting in the Forest

Summary:

Pairing: implied Harry/Oliver
Summary: A chance meeting in the forest
Rating: FRT
Warnings: vampires
AN: I wrote that in maybe 10 minutes... not beta read yet... I just send the spellchecker over it...
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

Meeting in the Forest
by JE

Sniffing the air, Harry smelled blood, human blood. Heading into the direction the smell came from, he soon found himself at the edge of the clearing.

In the middle of the clearing was a human, a couple of years older than him, holding a stick. He was surrounded by 4 vampires. By the way they moved, Harry assumed that they were still young, probably turned during the last year. While he himself was only turned 2 years ago, he had been trained by vampires all his life. They had become his family the day they saved him from his family who had left him to die after he fell of the roof. The last thing they had said to him was that it was his own fault for falling before he could repair the roof. It didn't matter that he had slipped on the wet roof before he could reach the place where the wind had dislodged a few tiles.

He figured that he could beat the other vampires. It was obvious that they were in for the kill. Harry's own teacher and adoptive father had taught him to never kill his prey. They might not like vampires, but if you kill them you might run out of food one day.

Once he was sure that there weren't more vampires hiding at the edge of clearing, he charged into the clearing. The first was dead before anybody had noticed him and when the second followed shortly after, the other two ran away. Probably the most intelligent thing they had done in their whole life.

Turning to the human, he took a closer look. He had short, dark hair and brown eyes. He was a couple of inches taller than Harry. He was slowly backing away, while stuttering something Harry couldn't understand.

"What is your name?" asked Harry, following the human.

After some stuttering, he answered, "Oliver Wood."

"You don't seem to be from around here. Otherwise you would have known not to enter the woods at night," continued Harry.

Oliver turned around when he felt himself hit a tree. He had no way to escape now. He had lost his wand in the shuffle when the new vampire had scared the others off.

Deciding that as long as they were talking nothing would happen to him, Oliver answered, "I'm visiting my aunt."

"Are you? She didn't warn you?" asked Harry.

Oliver looked around once more, "We were attacked and she told me to run."

"You're lucky I was around. The clan I live with has the philosophy not to kill the prey. Wouldn't want to run out of food," said Harry, taking another step closer, "Then again, you look to good to be prey."

Harry could see Oliver swallow and smiled.

"I can protect you, if you come with me. And tomorrow we can see what happened to your aunt. For now, my name is Harry," said the vampire before kissing Oliver.

"Wow, what..," stuttered Oliver once he had caught himself again.

Harry smiled, "Sorry, couldn't resist. You're just so beautiful. If you want you can stay with the clan. You don't have to be turned if you don't want to, although most decided on it after some time. In my case I had to wait over 10 years to be turned. You have to understand that they don't turn anyone under 16 and I joined the clan when they saved me age 6. My relatives didn't care that I was dying in their front garden after slipping off the roof instead of repairing it. I can guaranty you that the clan will be more peaceful than that war ridden world out there."

"If I can join you for tonight. You certainly look good enough," said Oliver after a while. He would die out there anyway. There was no hope left with Harry Potter missing and Voldemort immortal thanks to the Philosopher's Stone. This was a chance to survive and if Harry lied, than it wouldn't make much of a difference. His family was most probably dead anyway.

The End