Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of A Sentinel's Guide
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,100
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
23
Hits:
3,034

A Sentinel's Guide 5: Deep Water

Summary:

Rating: PG for some swearing and violence
Status: Complete
Date: 6/04/02
Category: AU
Author's notes: I know, took me long enough. For those interested The next part of Alpha Sentinel should be up later tonight or Tomorrow morning
Submitted through the Makebelieve_Squidge mailing list.

Work Text:

A Sentinel's Guide 5: Deep Water
by Kateri

"Glad you could make it." Said Sheila as Jim, Simon and Blair walked into Forensics "The medical examiner has confirmed that the body in the trunk of the car is Philip Brackley's. He was shot in the head twice with this."

While saying this she held up an evidence bag holding a gun.

"Forensics found it wedged up under the spare tire."

"Just because Brackley was shot with Jack's gun..."

Jim was quick to point out before Sheila interrupted him "It's not Jack's gun."

"Then, whose is it?" demanded Simon

"We ran the serial numbers. It's registered to you, Jim." Sheila said smirking

"It's not my gun." Jim said stiffly

"There's gotta to be a mistake." Simon said, sounding almost angry

"No mistake." Sheila said smugly "If I were you, the next call I'd make would be to my lawyer." Turning she left the room.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who does this bitch think she is? She can't accuse MY Sentinel like that; my Sentinel would never do anything like that. She thinks she can get away with anything just because she is IA. Miss Irwin is going to have to learn how wrong she is. And what was with Simon telling me to keep an eye on my Sentinel, like I would ever do anything else.

I can't believe I'm alive. Somebody tried to kill my Sentinel and it has something to do with this case. Who ever they are they will pay, nobody hurts my Sentinel.

"Thank you, Simon," whispered Jim quietly walking toward Jack's car.

Once there he begins examining it. He feels over the driver's side door, then goes around the other side and looks through, seeing a bullet embedded in the inside of the driver's side door. "Jack's dead. There's no question," Jim's says finally feeling sad for his old partner and walking back around to driver's side door.

"Come on, Jim, I know you're good but isn't that being a little definite?" Blair asks a little nervously.

"Hold this" Jim says handing Blair a flashlight "Come here. Give me your hand" Jim takes Blair's hand and runs it over the car door "What do you feel?" he asks

"Um, the car?" Blair asks unsure of what it is he should be feeling.

"That's great" Jim says and releases Blair. "I feel little bumps here and little bumps here," He says pointing them out for his partner "Right here in the middle, it's smooth. Indentations that came from a shotgun blast. The shot blew out that window, catching Jack dead center"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wish Simon would hurry up, the sooner my Sentinel and I go get that body the sooner this will be over and I'll be able to find out who tried to kill my Sentinel. Oh, and can't for get the IA bitch. No definitely not, she has no right to hound my Sentinel like that.

Oh, man that was so cool what my Sentinel did with the car. I can't believe how my Sentinel held my hand and tried to show me, to let me experience what a Sentinel feels. Man, things should go smoothly from here on in.

Now if only every one would stop referring to this Jack guy as my Sentinel's partner. I am my Sentinel's partner; I watch my Sentinel's back. I am my Sentinel's Guide.

++++++++++++++++++++++

"Jim, what's wrong?" asks Blair as Jim storms out of Simon's office and heads out of the bullpen toward the elevators.

"I've been suspended and will be investigated," Jim says stabbing the button to summon the elevator.

"What! But why? You didn't do anything, and we can prove that Jack is dead." Blair says a bit confused, he thought it was all but over.

"Yeah, well tell it to the DA Chief" with this Jim gets on the Elevator scowling at the uniform that
decides to take another car.

"Well, I will then. They can't do this to you. You are the best cop they have and on top of that you are totally honest." Blair says starting to get louder as he begins to get truly angry.

"Whoa Chief, hold your horses. I didn't mean to get you up in arms. Don't worry it will all work out. We are meeting Simon later to figure out what to do next," Jim says placing his hands on his Guide's shoulders. "It will work out, I promise you,"

"Okay Jim, I trust you" Blair said smiling up at his Sentinel, his trust in him plain as day on his face.

Blair's Journal

Dear journal,
that sounds so corny. Well it is all over, all's well that ends well and all that crap.
All I can say is that Art and Monique better watch themselves in prison, after all, it can be such a dangerous place.

I can't believe it though, that bitch from IA wants to talk to my Sentinel. Over my dead body. If that bitch thinks she is going anywhere near my Sentinel then she is delusional.

No she has more important things to worry about.

I can't do anything right now but someday, lets just say that Sheila Irwin better watch her back. Nobody messes with my Sentinel. One day she will pay for what she tried to do, after all I am a Sentinel's Guide and like I said, nobody messes with my Sentinel.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Five Months Later
Washington State Penitentiary

Arthur Landis continued backing up until he felt the cool tiles of the prison showers on his back. Unable to except he watched as the three large men armed with shanks closed in on him. Deciding he had nothing to lose he threw a punch at the closest guy, but was quickly brought down by the punches and slashes of all three.

Just before the one he had taken a swing at slit his throat he whispered in Art's ear, "Guide said to tell you that you picked the wrong cop to try to burn and that you are lucky your death will be so quick"

The End

For now at least. Feed back is most appreciated. If you do however wish to reply please do it onlist at the moment as my email is on the blink and I might not get it.

Series this work belongs to: