Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
587
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
5
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,097

Untitled NCIS ficlet

Summary:

In honor of NCIS not being on tonight..... And with apologies to country music fans:
Submitted through the NavyNCISslash mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at NavyNCISslash2

Work Text:

Untitled NCIS ficlet
by Juli

Jethro balanced two beers and a bowl of popcorn as he entered the living room. He hadn't been much of a television watcher before, but Tony had changed that. Snuggling on the coach in front of the television had become one of Gibbs' favorite past times since the younger man entered his life. Of course, watching TV with DiNozzo was anything but a passive activity; suffice it to say that 'coach potato' was not a term that applied to the Gibbs-DiNozzo household.

Which was why, when Jethro came into the room, he was dismayed to see Tony standing in front of the television, remote in hand, staring at the big, black box like it had just betrayed him.

"What's wrong, babe?" He asked.

"Our show, it's not on," Tony sputtered. He glared at the television.

Gibbs frowned. "Really? It's not some presidential announcement or something, is it?"

"No," DiNozzo glared at the offending television. "Some freaking country music awards show."

"Cool," Gibbs said. He plopped himself down on the couch with seeming contentment, calmly placing the bowl and one of the beers on the rough hewn coffee table.

"What? Cool?" Tony blew up at his lover. "We're supposed to be watching our favorite show, about the ex-Marine and his sidekick. You know, buff guys in tight uniforms, not hicks in sideburns and cowboy hats."

"I like country music," Jethro said mildly, biting the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing. Tony in a snit was a beautiful thing. Of course, Tony in just about any mood was a beautiful thing as far as he was concerned.

DiNozzo looked at him in patent disbelief. "You're not gonna watch that crap, are you?"

Gibbs took a long pull at his beer bottle before setting it down. "Sure... unless you got a better idea."

Tony looked from the TV screen to his lover. Something in Gibbs' expression must have given him away because a smile began to pull at DiNozzo's lips.

With a flourish, Tony threw the remote down. "Oh, I might have something in mind that you'd like watching better."

"I dunno," Gibbs said doubtfully. "I *really* like country music."

DiNozzo started unbuttoning his shirt. "What I've got in mind, they can't show on television." He smirked. "At least, not during family hour."

"That so?" Gibbs asked, swallowing as Tony pulled his shirt out of his pants so that he could finish unbuttoning it.

The younger man sauntered over to where Gibbs was sitting, shirt open to display his muscular and nicely tanned chest. He boldly perched on Jethro's knees and leaned forward, nipping at Gibbs' earlobe before whispering, "Let's just say that my bullriding's a lot sexier than what you'll see on *any* awards show."

Gibbs gulped, but before he could respond, Tony was up and halfway across the room. DiNozzo looked over his shoulder and finished taking his shirt off, letting it drop to the floor before taking a couple more steps towards the bedroom.

That did it.

Not bothering to turn the TV off, Gibbs exploded up from the couch and started after his lover. Tony whooped loudly and ran for the bedroom.

"Ride 'em, Cowboy!"

Gibbs was only too happy to comply.

end

If it's any consolation, there's a highlight of next week's episode, with the indication that it's a pretty good one.