Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
575
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,137

Team Management

Summary:

Jethro snaps. At Shepherd.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognize are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy

Category: NCIS gen ficlet

Rating: Suitable for all

Characters: Gibbs/Shepherd

Series: Nooo

Spoilers: Season Three specifically, but anything might get a mention

Summary: Jethro snaps. At Shepherd.

Archive: Just tell me where it's going

Additional 'stuff': The mystery redhead(s) are beginning to annoy me. I think there's more than one, although that may be my imagination. I may expand/re-write this snippet if future eps hint at their identity.

Title: Team Management

Gibbs slammed his phone down and looked up as he stood up. Striding across the squad room, he headed for the stairs, pausing as his cell rang. He answered it as he continued to head for the Director's office. 'Gibbs!'

Director Shepherd waited until Jethro folded his phone closed. 'Close the door Special Agent Gibbs.'

Gibbs closed the door with more than the necessary force and folded his arms, remaining standing just in front of the Director's desk.

'You brought in a new member of my team, you tried to make one of my team dress up like...career girl Barbie! What's next Jen, you gonna tell me Ducky's past retirement age?!'

Shepherd waited until Gibbs looked at her, locking eyes with him. 'Special Agent Gibbs, I've been more than understanding with you in view of Agent Todd's death, but I don't expect a Team Leader to disappear in the middle of the day without warning or explanation. When I called your desk yesterday afternoon, Agent Dinozzo told me you'd gone out.'

Gibbs shrugged. 'And?'

'He didn't know where or what time you would be back, only that you were out with someone he's seen here often before. You need to keep your private life from interfering in your working day.'

Gibbs couldn't believe what he was hearing. Then it hit him. 'You're jealous! Unbelievable! You saw my ex-wife when she came to drop my glasses off and you just assumed...'

Shepherd began to doubt the wisdom of assuming who Gibbs' had been out with, and squirmed as she recalled her jealousy as they left the squad room together.

'She's not kind to cars, and when the one she's currently torturing won't go forwards, she calls me and I go by her place and fix whatever she broke. She came to ask me to go with her to choose a new car. Next time she drops by, I'll introduce you. The way she drives, it won't be long.'

Unable to think of a suitable response, Shepherd scowled.

Gibbs got to his feet, leaned down, his face close to the Directors'. She shivered at his menacing tone. 'If you even *think* of making any other changes to *my* team without telling me, I'll resign before the ink is dry on your memo. Is that clear Madam...Director?'.

Shepherd sat back as Gibbs left the room, slamming the door behind him.

As he walked past Dinozzo who was lounging in his chair, eating a burger, Gibbs' hand snapped across the back of the younger agent's head.

'Boss!'

Jethro leaned one hand on Tony's shoulder, the other on the arm of his chair, his own face inches from Tony's wide-eyed nervous one. 'Never, ever, again tell the Director I'm out for a nooner Dinozzo.'

Tony gulped. 'No...no...problem...boss.'

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.