Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
720
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
783

Pillow Talk

Summary:

After the events of "Chasing the Bus", Nick and Greg get together and talk. Among other things

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: Pillow Talk
Author: April May

Fandom: Crime Scene Investigation

Pairing: Nick/Greg

Archive: Yes, but please ask.

Spoilers: "Chasing the Bus" and brief reference to "Bully for You."

Disclaimer: The characters belong to Anthony Zuiker and CBS, and no profit is being made by this story.

Summary: After the events of "Chasing the Bus", Nick and Greg get together and talk. Among other things.

 

Pillow Talk
by April May

 

"So tell me why you did that anyway."

When Greg just answered that by turning his head on the pillow and giving Nick a leering grin, Nick said, "No, I know why you did *that*. I mean...why did you come out to the bus crash scene?"

"They asked for everyone available."

"Yeah, but you've never done that before when they asked. So why now?"

"I just thought...they might need my help." He could tell from the dubious look on Nick's face that he wasn't buying it. So, sighing a little, he said, "Okay, I'll admit it. Part of the reason I went there was because I wanted to be with you. Happy now?" From the kind of smug way Nick was now smiling, Greg assumed he was. "But I also just wanted to know what it was like in case I ever, you know, wanted to do that...And I really thought I could handle it too. But when I got there...it was just so different from what I imagined. All that confusion, all those people crying, and the smell... Do you ever get used to it?" He remembered when he had told Sara so glibly that a "real man" wouldn't mind the smell of death and wondered how he could have ever been so naive.

"Yeah. Kind of. Not always."

After that they were both silent until Nick said, "Okay, it *was* kind of cool having you out there helping me, despite your screw-ups. And I could tell that Griss was impressed when you suggested looking in the bus for that guy."

"But he wasn't in there."

"Yeah, but you got us thinking in the right direction, and, like Grissom says, sometimes that's just as important."

"Could you *please* not quote Grissom when we're in bed?"

"Sorry," Nick said with a laugh. After another silence, he said, "You know, Greg, you're good at what you do..."

"That's almost exactly what Sara said. And in that same tone, too. That, "You're really good at what you do so why don't you just stay in the lab and forget about trying anything else?" tone."

"Well, I can't speak for Sara, but that certainly wasn't what *I* meant. What I was *going* to say was that I think you're good at what you do, and if you decide to do more field work - or even become a CSI - you'll have my support on that. But I have to admit I have my own selfish reasons for wanting to keep you in the lab. It's kind of nice to know that when I'm having a rough day, all I have to do is go down the hall and you'll be there, playing your weird-ass music and saying something that'll make me laugh."

"Oh, *my* music is weird? You should talk, Mr. Contemporary Country," Greg retorted, but Nick was so relieved to see a little bit of his old cocky self coming back, he didn't complain about the insult.

After that, they lay together in a comfortable silence, and Greg was just about to fall asleep, when he heard Nick add, "But if you *do* go out in the field again, will you at least wear some warmer
clothes? You looked so pathetic shivering like that, all I wanted to do was cuddle you, which wouldn't have exactly been appropriate behavior at a crime scene."

"Now that you mention it..." Greg said with a look that Nick supposed was meant to be suggestive but just made him want to laugh again, "I'm kind of cold right now."

"Maybe you should put some clothes on then," Nick said teasingly. But, after another glance over Greg's body, he added, "On second thought...C'mere." He reached over, putting his arm around Greg, pulling him closer so that they were spooned together.

Soon after that, they both fell asleep, still in the same position.

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author April May.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.