Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
412
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,065

Ghost of Me and You

Summary:

Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Pairing: Shep/Ford
Rating: PG
Warnings: Slash
Genre: Romance, Angst
Spoilers: ‘The Hive’
Summary: John and Aiden share a moment on the Wraith Hive ship.
Disclaimer: Blah blah blah, not mine
Authors Note: I finally wrote something! Yay!
Submitted through the StargateAtlantisSlash mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at Stargate_Atlantis_Slash

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Ghost of Me and You
by Damion Starr

"John, go on ahead. I'll catch up."

The familiar conotation of his first name slips from me before I can stop it, but luckily there's no one around that shouldn't hear. I begin to turn away, but I feel his long hand wrap around my upper arm. I turn back toward him, opening my mouth in preparation to question him, but his mouth on mine stills the words in my throat.

Warmth spreads over my body, familiar and sweet, something I just realized I miss on a level that's startling and powerful. Following that warmth comes a staggering wave of emotions, memories of a long-gone life that I've thought about often, but not like this. It's been too long since I've felt this. This sweet desire, unshakeable attraction, animal-like magnetism, and, underneath it all: love. Beautiful, bittersweet, undeniable, unforgettable love. I find myself trembling under the weight of something bigger than me, than him, than us.

I feel his wide palm on my lower back, pulling my body towards him. I relent to his grasp, moving into his embrace with the same dazed wonderment of a moth drawn to a flame. His lips break from mine, and he envelops me in his arms. We say nothing, just stand there, bodies pressed together so tight I can feel his heartbeat on mine. Somehow, this seems more intimate; more beautiful.

I breathe in his scent, and bittersweet longing clutches my heart, bringing tears to my eyes. "John-"

"Just stay like this for a moment. Please."

I don't argue. I just close my eyes and imagine us back in our city, Atlantis. We're standing on one of the balconies, not in a Wraith hive ship, and we can stay like this forever.

"I love you, John." I choke out, fighting back a sob. He tightens his grip briefly, then pulls away. I suppress a audible cry at the loss. I open my eyes, and am met with his. He cups my face in his hands gently, using this thumb to wipe away a tear that has managed to escape.

"Only you, Aiden," He tells me solemnly. "Forever, only you."

He stares into my eyes a moment longer, then tenderly brushes his lips across mine. I savor it, then, when I open my eyes, he's gone, leaving only his lingering scent and ghost of his kiss.

"Forever." I whisper, echoing his loving profession of devotion...to me...

Fini

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Damion Starr.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.