Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
291
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,133

It's in the Blood

Summary:

Rating: FRC
Summary: it explained a lot about his taste in women . . .
Notes: Just a little snippit told with tongue firmly in cheek. It all started with an innocent question, "Why does Horatio have so much tragedy in his life?" More Gen than anything, and simply meant as a bit of humor to make up for the incredible mess they've made of CSI Miami.
Submitted through the CrimeSceneInvestigationSlash mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at Crime_Scene_Investigation_Slash

Work Text:

It's in the Blood
by Buffy

"That from our case?" Eric tried to read over Horatio's shoulder as he sat at the table in the break room.

"No, I'm still waiting for the techs to finish with the victim's computer. This is my family tree. One of my second cousins has been working on it for about 7 years, wanted to send me a copy. I told her to send it here so there'd be a chance I'd see it before next year."

"Cool. One of my uncles has gotten really interested in that recently, wants to record the old family stories while he and his siblings are still around to tell them, you know?"

Horatio's pager went off. "Eric, do me a favor and put this in my office. I've got to get over to the DA's."

"We in trouble?"

"Not as far as I know, but keep your fingers crossed. The way luck's been running lately, there's no telling."

Eric stayed in the break room for a little longer, sipping his coffee. Horatio had asked him to put the geneology in his office, he didn't say anything about not reading it. It wasn't until he was back near the Civil War generation, and the name of one of Horatio's great-great-great-grandfathers that he saw anything he knew about.

Eric flipped the comb-bound book shut and finished off the rest of his coffee.

As he walked it to Horatio's office, he couldn't help but think, *Explains a lot about his taste in women. What else can you expect from a descendant of Adam Cartwright?*

end