Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
207
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
773

Music of the Soul

Summary:

AN – More fluff! I haven't killed anyone in ages –broods-
Rating – G
Summary - For most people you needed to look into their eyes to see their soul. John had worked out long ago that with Rodney this wasn't true. McShep, Fluff, 200 words
Disclaimer – I do not own SGA.
Submitted through the StargateAtlantisSlash mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at Stargate_Atlantis_Slash

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Music of the Soul
by Blackrose

For most people you needed to look into their eyes to see their soul.

John had worked out long ago that with Rodney this wasn't true.

All you needed to do with Rodney was look at his hands and when John looked at them all he could see was music.

When Rodney was nervous he played scales on the table, or wall, or any available surface.

On the other hand, when he was excited his fingers would tap out a rhythm of Mozart as he explained his theory.

When he was scared he would hum the works of Bach under his breath, fingers twitching constantly as though he were scaling the ivory keys of a grand piano.

When he was thinking hard his thumbnail would tap out the rhythm of random Chopin symphonies against his front tooth.

When he was angry his hands would fly all over, conducting an imaginary orchestra through the most dramatic of Beethoven's pieces.

When Rodney was contented, he hummed things John had never heard before.

So, on the night when Rodney finally relaxes into John's embrace and starts to hum an unfamiliar tune, John can feel a piece of his soul start to sing along.

Fin

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author The Blackrose.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.