Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,012
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
856

There was something in the air that night

Summary:

Disclaimer: Mulder, Scully, Skinner, Cigarrette Smoking Man, Alex Krycek don't belong to me. They belong to Chris Carter.
This is a would-be Saturday Night Live Skit I wrote. Parody!
Submitted through the kryceklovers mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

There was something in the air that night
by Andaluchia

It is night time, maybe between 10:30 and 12 P.M. Mulder and Scully sit in a car...waiting.

Mulder looks at his watch and sighes. Scully leans her head back and stretches.

Mulder: They are late.

Scully opens the door and begins to step out of the car.

Mulder: Scully?....What are you doing?

Scully: I need some air, Mulder. Why don't you join me.

Mulder steps out of the car and him and Scully sit on the hood of it.

Scully: I can't believe this. (She looks at her watch then up at Mulder who looks upset. Scully rolls her eyes) What is wrong with you?

Mulder: Nothing. I just can't believe we are finally about to confront Cancer man and Krycek.

Scully: Admit it Mulder, you can't wait to kick Kryceks ass.

Mulder is silent as Scully stares at him, waiting for a response.
Mulder sighs.

Mulder: Fine! Yes, I want to kick his ass! How can Janet Reno say he is from the 'Real' FBI. (Mockingly) The Female Body Inspectors!

Scully:(Scully is sighing deeply and rubbing her temples.) How many times am I going to hear this complaint?

They both hear a noise and immediately go to alert positions.

Mulder: Did you hear that, Scully?

Scully: No, Mulder. I'm just pulling out my gun for my health.

Mulder: Scully.

Scully: What is it?

Mulder:(puts his gun back in his jacket. He then stands up straight and begins to twirl around) (Begins singing) "It's been 7 hours and 15 days...since you took your love away. I go out every night and sleep all day since you took your love away....Since you been gone I can do whatever I want...I can see whomever I choose..

(Scully watches Mulder singing, with a solemn expression.)

Mulder:(still singing)..I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant but nothing I said nothing can take away these blues...cause nothing compares! Nothing compares to you! (Mulder stops singing and looks content with himself)

There is silence bettem them for about a minute.

Scully walks up to Mulder and looks up at him with shock.

Scully: Mulder...(Still in shock)

Mulder: Scully? (Looks at her with loving eyes)

Scully: What the hell was that?

Mulder then looks shocked and looks as if he realizes what he just did.

Mulder: I...I don't know. I just started singing. Oh my gosh, Scully! I think the anticipation of tonights excitement brought a force of energy from an alien spacecraft my way and caused me to sing Sinead O'Connor.

Scully still looks him with amazement.

Scully:(Calmly) Mulder...I think you broke out into song because you're...AN IDIOT!

Mulder is taken aback by her tone of voice.

Mulder: You just don't want to believe what's in front of you!(he says pointing a finger at her.)

Scully: We are about to confront our enemies and you think this is a friggin musical!

Mulder: (Sulking) Fine. I'm sorry.

There is silence again except for Scully's angry breathing. She finally calms down and there is total silence.

Mulder gets up from leaning on the car and stands to look up at the sky.

Scully: Oh shit.

Mulder:(singing) Don't cry for me argentina!!! The truth is I never left y--

Scully: MULDER!!

Mulder turns around at her and looks at her as if she grew a second head.

Mulder: What's wrong Scully?

Scully: We are on a assignment and you're singing.

Mulder walks up to her. A big smile appears on his face.

Mulder: Don't you see Scully? The energy is all around us. I think it has to do with a time thing. You know how Krycek and Cancer man always have good timing because they get us before we get them? Well, now it is our time! The energy is making me sing! I think we shall become abducted.

Scully: That's real interesting Mulder. Hey, did you hear this song "I just got shot in the head by a one-armed Russian Agent"?

Mulder: No, I don't think I've ever heard of that one.

Scully: SHUT UP!

Suddenly out of the shadows Krycek and Cancer man walk up to Mulder and Scully. Krycek looks extremely angry while Cancer man has a 'i'm a little boy who saw a Christmas tree light up' expression.

Krycek: Mulder....Scully.

Mulder:(growls)

Scully now realizes her partner has really lost his mind.

Scully: So, Krycek, what is this all about?

Mulder: I just have ONE THING TO SAY!

They all look at Mulder.

Mulder jabs a finger at Krycek.

Mulder: You are not from the Female Body Inspectors!

Krycek: What the hell are you talking about, Mulder?

Scully: Forget him. Lets deal now. What do you want?

Cancer man drops his cigarrette and stomps it out. He then looks up at the sky.

Cancer man:(Begins to turn around and shakes his butt.) (singing) Come one, shake your body, do that conga! No you can't control yourself any longer.

Mulder smiles at this.

Mulder begins to shake his butt too.

Mulder: (singing)Feel the rhythm of the music getting stronger! Come on shake your body to that conga beat.

Krycek: Great! I could be shot by a vengeful red-head and they're doing the conga!

Mulder and Cancer man join hands and continue singing Conga.

Scully: Mulder, stop it! You are supposed to be my partner. Well, you know what? You're not my partner anymore!

Krycek: I'm out of here. Scully, join me? Or am I still your rat enemy?

Scully: Right now, I'd leave with Manson to get away from these two.

Krycek puts his arm around Scully and they begin to walk off.

Krycek: Hey, Scully?

Scully: What?

Krycek:(Singing) Near...far...wherever you are! My heart will go--

Three shots ring out. Three bodies fall to the ground.

Silence.

In the distance you hear the clicking sounds of heels walking away.

Scully:(singing) There was something in the air that night...

The End.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andaluchia.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.