Adult Content Warning

This work could have adult content. If you continue, you have agreed that you are willing to see such content.

If you accept cookies from our site and you choose "Yes, Continue", you will not be asked again during this session (that is, until you close your browser). If you log in you can store your preference and never be asked again.

  1. Tags
    Summary

    Pairing: John/Rodney
    Rating: Even though there’s nothing explicit in this, the story walks side by side with Dear John, so I’m going to give it an M.
    Warnings: Rape mention, serious issues
    Summary: Rodney’s POV of the events in Dear John.
    AN: When Shelly asked me to write a 'Kolya rapes John, and show the McShep aftermath' I wrote Dear John, and it was fairly quick, and brutal. But while it showed the personal feelings for John in short journal notes, there were things missing, so I said "I'll write a short Rodney POV to take care of those 'little missing scenes'. Oh, my. Was I naive, because Rodney's POV took over, and I admitted to Shelly there were more than a few times I wanted to quit, and even more than a few where I actually had to get up and just leave it, because this was incredibly hard to write. I've never had a story affect me like this, but I think because it's such a real painful subject that I wanted to do it justice. So, if you ever read anything of mine, this is the one I'd point you to. If it left me feeling wrecked, then maybe it'll get you that way, also, and sometimes we just need to feel that. I also highly suggest you wait to read till you have the time to read all three parts in sucession, at almost 12,000 words, it's not a quick read.
    Submitted through the Stargate_Atlantis_Slash mailing list.

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    11,257
    Chapters:
    1/1
    Collections:
    1
    Kudos:
    6
    Hits:
    1,223