Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
835
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,233

Beginnings

Summary:

Its Christmastime...theres mistletoe...random acts of kissing...and an invitation. (No matter what it looks like this is slash!) This is un-beta'd, the characters are not mine, the plot such as it is and any mistakes are the only things that are mine

Work Text:

"Sara! Don't move!" Sara stopped in her tracks as Greg raced towards her.
"What is it Greg?" He skidded to a halt beside her, grinning widely. Sara raised an eyebrow at him. "Can I help you with something?"
"Look up" Sara sighed and looked up at the ceiling. A limp sprig of - what was that? Parsley? - was suspended from the ceiling just outside the breakroom.
"Mistletoe?" She guessed. Greg grinned again and bounced on the balls of his feet.
"Yep. You know what that means..." He trailed off, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.
"I don't think you're supposed to ambush people with it." Sara told him as she leaned forward to plant a quick kiss on his lips.
"I bet you wouldn't mind if I were a certain someone else, who shall remain nameless as well as oblivious. And besides, Catherine didn't mind"
"That's true, I didn't." Catherine agreed, stopping in the corridor to give them both a quick peck on the cheek. "It is Christmas after all. Oh and Greg? I need that DNA analysis as soon as possible." She laughed softly as he made a sad puppy face before turning back to the lab. "You know, it would almost be worth hanging around for his surprise attack on Brass." Catherine shook her head, her Christmas earrings jingled happily. "Maybe next year." She turned and continued on her way. Sara went into the breakroom, taking a bottle of mineral water from the small refrigerator.
"You gotta admire the guy for trying." Warrick said from his place on the couch.
"Yeah? I don't see him rushing to kiss you." Sara observed, flopping onto the couch next to him.
"But I'm not his type." Warrick reminded her. "Female, long dark hair, no life - workaholic. Hmm, sound like anyone we know?" He smiled to make sure she knew he was teasing.
"Dark hair? Workaholic? I'm going to say Sara." Nick said, leaning on the doorframe. Sara glared at him, unable to deny the charge of workaholic.
"Greg! There's someone under your mistletoe." She called, laughing aloud when Greg bounded out of his lab to give Nick a loud kiss on the cheek. Nick stared after him, a little in shock.
"This gameshow has the worst prizes!" He complained. "What would I have gotten if I gave the wrong answer?"
"It's nice to see the night shift so hard at work." A voice snapped from behind Nick.
"Eckley. Merry Christmas." Nick could not have sounded like he meant it less.
"Just because it's Christmas, it doesn't mean you get to slack off. I do not want my day shift coming in here having to clean up your messes." He glared briefly at the three of them before stalking down the hallway.
"'Clean up our messes?' When has that ever happened? I seem to remember Grissom bailed him out on that arson case a little while ago," Sara's pager sounded, as if agreeing with her. "Speaking of Grissom. If I don't see you guys later Merry Christmas."

Sara knocked on Grissom's open door and stepped inside his office, Gill looked up from his paperwork.
"Sara. I wasn't interrupting anything was I?" Sara cocked her head to the side, Grissom seemed...nervous? "It's just that I thought of something I wanted to tell you, that is ask you, and I thought I should do it while it was fresh in my mind. Otherwise I probably wouldn't think of it again until February."
"No, you weren't interrupting anything. You wanted to ask me something?" Sara asked unsure of how to sound. What could he have to ask that wouldn't be work related? That had him nervous? Maybe he wasn't quite so oblivious after all.
"I was wondering if you had any plans for tomorrow?"
"Christmas day?" Sara shrugged. "Not really, I'm working tomorrow night anyway, so I don't have the time to go see my folks. Why?"
"Well, since you don't have anything planned, and if you want to of course, would you like to come to my place. I'm doing a big Christmas lunch; my Mom is in town so I thought I'd go all out. You know, ham, turkey," He paused and shook his head. "I didn't forget, I'll do a really big salad. So? How about it?" Grissom looked at her expectantly. Sara felt a smile break out on her face.
"Do you want me to bring anything?"