Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
490
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
941

The Dark Age

Summary:

The missing scene

Work Text:

The Dark Age: The missing scene

Author: Lizz

Rating: Same as BtVS

Pairing: G/E UST

Note: Watch the episode "The Dark Age". It's not exactly a missing scene, more like a missing POV of an existing scene.

Archive: Ask me first

Disclaimer: If they were mine, it would be much nicer for them.

 

The Dark Age: The missing scene
by Lizz
@~ @~ @~ @~ @~ @~

 

Ethan Rayne felt horrible. First there was the whole thing with Eyghon. He actually thought he was going to die this time round. Then he had to meet that slayer, Buffy. And then, just when he thought he worked it all out and the demon would take Buffy and leave, Rupert with all his nobility, had to go and do something as stupid as this...

 

"Eyghon, take me!"

The demon turned towards Rupert. Ethan wanted to shout, "Don't! If Eyghon will take a slayer, he will leave you alone!", but he couldn't say a word.

"Buffy, get out of here!"

The demon was advancing on Rupert and Ethan found he couldn't move a muscle to stop it all from happening. But thank the gods, the slayer was taught by Ripper and was just as stupidly noble as he was.

"No!" She ran between her watcher and Eyghon. "No!"

The demon shoved her away and pushed Rupert on the floor. Moved to stand above him, and said in its deep, threatening voice, "I've been waiting a long time to do this."

Ethan stared, transfixed. He couldn't tear his eyes away from this vision. There was Ripper, and he couldn't do anything to save him... someone has to save him... men like Ripper never die.

Maybe some God or other heard his prayer. Someone barged in, took hold of the demonic woman and started strangling her.

Ethan could breathe again. He saw, as if through a haze, Rupert trying to run and save the demon, yelling, "He's killing her!". He saw the little red head girl stopping him, yelling back something about how this will work. He saw, still dazed, the demon leaving the woman and jumping into the man who was choking her. And he saw Rupert kneeling next to the woman, calling her name.

He stopped paying attention to the demonic battle, to the screaming, to the slayer and her gang. He saw only the pain and care in Rupert's face as he held that woman. He called her name again, softly. "Jenny."

And she replied, "Rupert."

Ethan felt a sharp pain in his chest, as if someone had punched him from the inside, knocking all the air out. Knowing no one paid any attention to him, he got up and ran out of the shop. As he ran away, he could feel his heart breaking all over again.

 

@~ @~ @~ @~ @~

 

Look ma, no happy end. Actually, there is, but it's not finished so I'm not posting it.