Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,307
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,484

All The Things You Said

Summary:

Sam wants answers.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

itle: All The Things You Said
Author: Miss Meehan
Email: lilliluthor@yahoo.com
Website:
Permission to archive: Yes
Fandom(s): Supernatural
Genre slash
Pairing/Characters: Dean/Sam
Rating: FRAO (just to be safe)
Summary: Sam wants answers
Warnings: smarmy silliness because that's what I do. Spoilers for Skin.
Notes: For Peja's Maximum Endearments challenge found on Slashing Supernatural Revisited.

 

"That's the thing, he didn't just look like you he was or he was becoming you?

"What'd ya mean?"

"I dunno, it was like he was downloading your thoughts and memories

"You mean like the Vulcan mind melt?"

"Yeah something like that."

Something was bothering Sam. Dean knew because, well, something was always bothering Sam. Sam sighed, reached for the cassette player, thought better of it and sighed again.

"Don't ask, don't tell," Dean chanted to himself. It was his mantra for avoiding warm fuzzy moments.

"Dean?"

If Sam had been paying attention, he would have noticed the heavy fall of Dean's shoulders as he resigned himself to deal with whatever new crisis was plaguing his brother.

"Yeah Sammy?"

"I was just thinking..."

"That sounds dangerous," Dean quipped.

Sam rolled his eyes and swept his hair out of them. "Have you ever had any...well what I mean is... that thing..."

"Sammy, I told you before, these creatures, spirits, whatever...they lie...try to mess with your head." Dean made sure to put an emphasis on the last.

Dean knew he sounded a bit harsh, but he was genuinely concerned for his brother. This work they did could easily consume a person, perhaps even literally. Dean had learned long ago not to spend too much time thinking about it. Just get the job done. That was his motto. Dean vaguely heard Sam's voice piercing through his thoughts.

"So you don't resent me for leaving?"

"Well," Dean hesitated. "Okay...maybe just a little, but I understood. I mean..."

"It said you had dreams too. What did you want to be?"

"Sam, what difference...," Dean stopped when he looked over and saw his younger brother's pleading eyes.

"Alright, but don't laugh." Dean knew that was a sure fire recipe for insuring his brother would laugh, and part of him hoped that Sam would Then they could move on and be free spirited Dean and tormented Sam again. "I wanted to be a rock star."

Dean could tell his baby brother was fighting the urge to laugh.

"Really?"

"Really. Happy. We've bonded. I've shared my deepest darkest desire."

"Are you sure that's you're only one?"

"What'd ya mean?"

"Well that thing...it"

"Sammy, I told you, they lie. It lied."

"But you just admitted you had dreams," Sam reminded his older brother.

"So?"

"So, you're double said so and if that was true..."

Dean pulled over to the shoulder of the road and turned off the engine. He was really beginning to hate that handsome devil for having wreaked so much havoc to the point that he himself was listed as officially dead and Sam was still reeling from the encounter. Dean knew this day would come. Every since he'd returned for Sam. Eventually he knew they'd have to talk, hug, share, bond, whatever.

"Okay Sammy, out with it. What's this all about?"

"Well," Sam hesitated, "Both times that you...it had me, it could have killed me but..."

Dean let out a heavy sigh. He was beginning to lose patience with Sam's inability to get over their latest adventure.

"Sammy, spit it out."

"Well you could have killed me but instead you kept..."

Sam averted his gaze to the dashboard before looking somewhere past Dean's face.

Dean was starting to worry. "Sammy what happened? What did I do?"

"You...it kept...calling me names..."

"Calling you names?" Dean couldn't believe some name calling had Sam all stirred up.

"Sammy," I call you names all the time. What's the big deal?"

The tall brunette blushed slightly and mumbled something. Dean leaned in to hear.

"Could you repeat that?" Dean cupped his ear for emphasis.

"It called me sweet cheeks," Sam whispered.

"Sammy...why...."

"And buttercup, and snugglebunny," Sam continued before sparing a quick glance at Dean.

Now it was Dean's turn to be embarrassed. "How do you even use snugglebunny in a sentence?"

"You...it said that when I left...for college, it couldn't sleep for days without it's snugglebunny nearby?"

"Like I said, it was messing with your head."

"I used to sleep in your bed when I was scared Dean."

The older Winchester could feel the soul searching gaze being cast upon him. "And you think I missed that?"

"Did you?" Sam accused.
"Never," Dean barked.

"Never?"

"Never...well almost never...not really..."

"Not really?" Sam asked in disbelief.

"Was there something else Sam?" Dean asked, avoiding the question.

"You complained that everybody leaves you and that you couldn't go on if you're googly bear turned his back on you too?"

"I had a stuffed toy once..." Dean began but let the sentence die in the angry glare of his brother's eyes.

"Dean, we need to talk...seriously," Sam insisted.

"Because you think all the things it said were what I would say," Dean said, following Sam's line of reasoning to its not so illogical conclusion.

Sam just nodded.

"First of all, I have never once ever referred to you..."

"You called me honey and patted my ass," Sam spat out.

"It was dear and a light tap," Dean answered in his defense.

"You said I wear ladies underwear." Sam nodded his head as if that was proof.

Dean fashioned his mouth for a reply but his brother kept talking.

"And you called me your bitch once."

"I called you a bitch, there's a difference. But if you'd like to be my bitch..."

"I didn't say that," Sam protested.

"Then what are you saying. Some shape shifting demon calls you sweet pea."

"Sweet cheeks," Sam corrected.

"Whatever and suddenly I'm a pervert who's in love with you."

"It kept tying me up too," Sam spoke softly.

"Because it viewed you as a threat and had to immobilize you. That's exactly what I would have done."

"Exactly."

Sam's head was nodding like one of those silly bobble head dolls Dean detested.

"Now wait a minute sweetheart, if you think.."

"Ah hah. You see. You just called me sweetheart," Sam yelled, pointing wildly at Dean's lips.

Dean knew he was licked. He only wished he could have gotten to the body snatching jerk and cut its tongue out before it got a chance to talk to Sam.

"What else did it say," Dean asked, regaining his composure.

Dean couldn't help but notice that Sam seemed to be enjoying the humiliation he was heaping upon him.

 

Sam looked up thoughtfully before running a list of sugary sweet names while counting them off on his fingers, "Stud muffin," you called me that twice, " gummy bear, sammykins, doll face."

"Enough, honeybee, I get the picture. Anything else?"

"No lamb chop, I think that was it," Sam smiled.

"Were you scared?"

It was the first time Sam had seen his brother so serious. Even when they were hunting, Dean kept a cocky attitude.

"Yeah...no...not really."

"Did I...he hurt you?"

Dean's eyes closed briefly and Sam knew he was bracing himself for the worst.

"No Dean," he said gently, "he didn't."

Dean exhaled and then his patented smirk was back.

"Did you want him too?"

Sam glanced shyly at his brother before a look of guilt washed over his face. He jerked his head back towards the dashboard. Dean caught a glimpse of crimson slowly spreading across the high cheekbones of his brother.

"No," Sam answered sharper than he intended.

"Really?" Dean almost seemed disappointed.

"Because...,." Sam began.

"Because?"

"Because I knew it wasn't you," Sam finished before looking into his brother's eyes.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Miss Meehan.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.