Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-12-26
Words:
957
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
1
Kudos:
25
Hits:
2,664

A father's pain

Summary:

When Joanne enrolls Chris in Big Brothers, Roy is thrilled, until he starts to feel Chris's new friend is taking his place in the boy's life

Chapter 1: Page 1

Notes:

Fandom: Emergency!
Pairing: N/A
Archive: Yes
Summary: When Joanne enrolls Chris in Big Brothers, Roy is thrilled, until he starts to feel Chris's new friend is taking his place in the boy's life
Content Warning: Some harsh language.
THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.
THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.
Copyright: July 2001 By Robin R. Neher

Chapter Text

A father's pain.
by Robin R. Neher

"Roy, are you sure you're okay with this?" Joanne DeSoto asked one more time as her husband was getting ready to leave for work.

"Jo, I think this will be good for Chris." Roy replied. "Enrolling him in Big Brothers was a great idea. I can't always do stuff with Chris."

"I know." Jo replied. "Just don't be hurt."

"Honey, I'm not hurt." Roy assured her. "Chris needs somebody to do boy stuff with. Ball Games, fishing, looking at girls."

"Roy, you are encouragable!" Jo laughed.

"See you tomorrow, Hon." Roy said, giving her a kiss, then leaving for station fifty-one.

************************************

"Big brothers, huh?" Chet Kelly said. "Sounds great."

"It is, Chet." Roy replied, sipping his coffee. "You should join."

"Are we sure that we want Chet Kelly molding a young mind?" Captain Hank Stanley asked, laughingly

"Yeah, a day with Chet would warp the poor kid for life!" Johnny Gage laughed.

"So would a day with you!" Chet shot back.

Cap was about to step in before things got out of hand when much to his relief, the tones sounded.

Squad 51, Child sick. 44 Jones Circle 44 Jones Circle. Croostreet: Jefferson. Timeout: 08:10.

"Squad 51, 10-4, KMG-365." Hank responded as the squad left the station, lights and sirens on.

*************************************

Ten minutes later, Roy and John returned to the station.

"LA, squad 51, in quarters!" Johnny growled.

Squad 51. Sam came back.

"Do you believe that?!" John griped. "Just a kid throwing a temper tantrum! That kid should be spanked!"

"Johnny, the little fella was holding his breath and the sitter got scared." Roy soothed as he and Johnny entered the rec room to relax. "Were you serious about becoming a Big Brother?"

"Yeah, I can be a good example to a boy!" Johnny answered. "I was one once!"



TBC........