Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-12-21
Words:
3,568
Chapters:
5/5
Kudos:
17
Hits:
2,666

SenseXangstRevisited round robin

Summary:

Blair gets a message, claiming his mom has been kidnapped

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

"Heart of Darkness" or: Message from the Heart or: In the Heart of the Jungle.
by Rosha, Blackwolf (BW), Lyn, Travelin, Annie and Peja

part 1
by Rosha

 

The message was brought in by Taggart. "It's really time you got your own mailbox Sandburg" he grumbled, with a look at Simon.

Simon just shook his head.

"Sorry Joel. I don't understand how my mail ended up here. I really didn't give this address to anybody as a mail address."

"Oh, and what about that scented postcard last week?"

Blair flushed slightly "Well, only once then. But apart from that?

"Sandburg, why don't you just read your mail so we can get on with this?"

Jim was thumbing through a file containing mug shots of the usual suspects. He and Blair had been looking through them after receiving an anonymous phone call.

Apparently the unknown caller didn't want to have anything to do with the cops, but he did want to give a description of a mugger after he'd witnessed a mugging which ended fatally for the victim.

Jim had thought there hadn't been any witnesses, and he was very pleased with the description.

"I'm on it, Jim"

Blair opened the envelope.

Jim was intently examining another ill-favored, shady character when he heard Blair gasp. He looked up to find Blair had gone quite pale.

"What is it?" he jumped to his feet.

It's...Naomi..Naomi's...I think she's been kidnapped."

"What?" Jim and Simon exclaimed simultaneously.

Jim took the letter from the stunned man's hand.

Written in almost illegible, childish scrawls it said "If you want to see your mother alive again, you must come here. Come here to Lima to the café La Paz Mundial on February 19. No police. Come alone."

Jim looked at the stamp. Lima. February 12. Today was the 18th.

He smelled the envelope.

Sweat. Oleander. Red pepper. And something he couldn't identify.

Blair grabbed his coat and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Jim said.

"Where do you think I'm going?"

"No, chief, you don't know what you're getting into."

"I don't. But I do know someone's got Naomi and is threatening her life, and I've got to do whatever I can do. And I don't have much time. Don't try to stop me, Jim."

"Sir..." Jim gave Simon a pleading look.

"Go" Simon waved his hand. "We'll discuss technicalities later. Go help the kid and let me know if there's anything I can do. Call me."

"Thanks, Simon." Jim said gratefully, and he hurried after Blair.

"Wait, Blair" Blair halted. "I'm coming with you."

"You can't. They said to come alone."

"To the café. I'll figure out how to handle the rest when we get to Peru. But I'll be damned if I let you do this on your own, you oaf."

Tears came to Blair's eyes. "Thank you Jim" he said huskily.

"That's what friends are for, Sandburg" Jim said, and he slung his arm around Blair's trembling shoulder.

 

end this part