Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
223
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
833

Lullaby

Summary:

What's going through Six's mind during the scene on Caprica with the baby.

Work Text:

Title: - Lullaby

Author: - Katt

E-mail: - kattanon@yahoo.co.uk

Rating: - PG

Feedback: - Like it or loathe it let me know

Disclaimer: - No infringement intended, I'm just playing

 

Lullaby

The small body was warm and the feel of it in her arms made something deep inside of her ache. She could detect it's heartbeat fast and fluttering in it's chest like butterfly wings.

She studied it, such miniature perfection, such fragile perfection. God truly was wondrous. It was a pity the humans were blind to him and worshiped false idols.

The soft skin under her fingers, the echoing whisper of it's heart beating in it's neck. The pressure she had to use so slight it was like snapping a flower's stem.

Walking away she could hear the growing panic in the mother's voice. The rising hysteria coloured with desperation and fear. But she didn't stop or turn back. How could she? How could she make them understand even if she could tell them the truth? How could she tell them that all she'd wanted to do was save the child from the destruction that was to come?

She doubted the mother would understand that she'd snapped the child's neck not to be cruel, but to be kind.