Adult Content Warning

This work could have adult content. If you continue, you have agreed that you are willing to see such content.

If you accept cookies from our site and you choose "Yes, Continue", you will not be asked again during this session (that is, until you close your browser). If you log in you can store your preference and never be asked again.

  1. Tags
    Summary

    An upheaval in Clark's personal life with Lex leads to the Man of Steel taking drastic actions.
    Pairing: Clark/Lex
    Rating: FRM (Contains mature and dark themes: very brief references to male-male sex; references to crime; some strong language; breakup of two major characters; serious psychiatric illness, including suicidality)
    Categories/Warnings: AU, Futurefic, Angst
    Spoilers for: None (This is a prequel to my shorter story "Close Call.")

    Disclaimer: I don't own the characters of Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman, Lex Luthor, Lara, Jor-El, Lois Lane, or Lionel Luthor. I will not be making any money off this piece. Clark Kent/Kal-El, Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Lara, Jor-El, the City of Metropolis, and the Fortress of Solitude are the original creations of Joe Shuster and Jerome Siegel and are the property of DC Comics, Warner Brothers, and Millar/Gough. The image of Superman is owned by DC Comics and Warner Bros. Lionel Luthor belongs to Warner Bros. and Millar/Gough. There may be other corporate entities, which I've unknowingly left out, that have full or partial copyright to all or some aspects of the above-noted characters and places. I've written this tale purely for entertainment purposes. Enjoy!
    (Author's Note: Clark Kent/Kal-El, including the inner dynamic of this dual identity, is portrayed very differently here than by actor Tom Welling. These large differences are intended and I hope readers are able to fully enjoy this piece anyway. I wish to extend my deepest thanks to Shimmer, who proofread this story in her usual thorough way and gave me a lot of extremely helpful feedback and suggestions. You're the best, Shimmer. This tale may be archived on any and all sites that are deemed appropriate for adult-themed fics such as this one. Please just inform me first of where you are archiving it. I gladly welcome any positive, genuine feedback. No flames please. Thank you.)

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    8,159
    Chapters:
    1/1
    Collections:
    1
    Kudos:
    18
    Hits:
    2,115