Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of MiSS
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,076
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,590

MiSS- Post-Gift - The Hunt

Summary:

Title: The Hunt
Author: Mera
Feedback: Do it… you know you want to! lusciousspike@yahoo.com
Rating: 13/over for violence.
Characters: Spike, Jinx, Doc…
Pairing: None…
Series: Part of the Missing Scene Series 'MiSS' but is in fact a stand-alone.
Summary/TimeLine: Right after "The Gift ". Spike settles some loose ends.

Thanks to Barb for the quick read and Farah for the amazing beta!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

*~*~*~*~*~*

Scurry of feet.

"He's coming!"

"Where?!"

None slowed down for the question.

"How did he find us?"

"Like he did the last time," A breathless answer was given. "We've got nowhere left to hide."

"Should we stand and fight?" words of desperation spilled. "We took him before."

"We were more then, had the blessing of her Greatness." The suggestion was dismissed without a thought. "And now, he is fueled with rage."

"Yes." A whimper. "Remember what he did to the rest."

"So we k-keep running?"

They turned the shadowy corner. Before one of them had the opportunity to give the excepted answer...

"Not anymore Scabbers. It ends tonight."

They pulled to a screeching halt, seeing the intimidating figure blocking their path. Grouped together, they start to slowly back away.

He swung his axe nonchalantly, still bloodied from the prey of two nights ago; when it had all started, when the hunt began.

He made a disapproving grunt at their apparent, fruitless attempt at escape.

"Now, see here, this is why I'm a lone wolf." He walked with silent steps. He spoke monotonously to them, just like he had done that night when he had taken apart the others. They started quivering in their stance. "Don't need no herder to keep me in line, won't go in circles when there's none to hold my hand no more. I always find me something else to do."

One of them went down before any could think to move. They could see a head rolling down the dark ally. Dead eyes gazed up at them with each spattered turn. Golden eyes pinned them to the cold wall they didn't realize they had scuttled back against.

"And the thing that needs doing is you, filthy buggers."

Not more than sixty seconds later, the damp ground was covered with dark blood.

With the last scream dying out, the axe fell to the ground and a pale hand held up a flame to a lonely cigarette. The lighter illuminated a lone form flat against the wall, still breathing, awaiting his fate.

Spike took a drag, letting out a breath of gray smoke. His gaze never wavered from the shape at the wall.

The fag bobbed when he spoke, "What they call ya, Scabs?"

It seemed like forever before he spoke, "Jinx, it's what her Elegant Beauty saw to call me. I had no name before she blessed me by taking me on as her servant."

Spike snorted. "Pathetic bunch." His stare turned murderous. "Before I kill ya..." Jinx's body shook. "-I need you to tell me something."

Jinx raised his head defiantly. "What guarantees that you won't kill me if I tell you what you want?"

The demon pulled his head back so fast, his head smacked against the jagged bricks, his vision blackened for a moment, blocking out Spike's furious vampire face that had appeared out of nowhere right in front of his.

He coughed when a grip fixed around his neck. "I wonder if her sorry excuse for a bimbo ever punished you for not listening." The hand tightened when Jinx tried to nod in affirmative. "That was rhetorical you imbecile, really a useless minion, no wonder your God fell." He growled. "Now you might've not heard me the first time, but I'm killing you either way. It's really up to you how that goes down. See, I've been missing out on my torture practice, and with your now dead-master doing me some weeks ago, it brought back a lot of memories." He pursed his lips.

Spike released his hold on Jinx and the demon fell to the ground gasping.

"You could join Glory the easy way or in many, many pieces. Your pick."

Jinx knowing instinctively that Spike had a short patience, came to a decision. He looked up, not bothering to rub his sore neck.

"What do you need to know?"

A smirk widened around the reddened tip. "I'm looking for a fella, you might know him seeing as you worshiped the same bitch, not many of you who are dim enough to follow a loon like 'er." Spike gestured with his hand. "He's this high, old, freakishly fast, common tail, with a mean lizard tongue." The blond head tilted, while a finger rubbed over a sharp blade that the cowering demon just seemed to notice. "Happen to know where I could find 'im? Have a promise to keep and all."

*~*~*~*

A door creaked.

He didn't raise his head from the old tome he was looking over.

"I'm busy, come some other time."

"Oh, but I've got an appointment." He froze when he heard that voice. He jumped up however this time he was too slow. He gasped when he felt something run through his flesh, slamming him against the wall. He tried to move but the long razor-sharp knife pinned him to it. He looked up from his seeping wound and into clear blue eyes.

"What's up Doc?"

Spike pulled back his shoulders and grinned. "I've always wanted to say that." He narrowed his eyes in consideration. "Hmm. Harris ran you through with a sword and the Slayer pushed you off a tower, and here you are." With a dramatic sigh, he pulled out a number of sharp weapons from his leather duster and laid them on the still opened book. "Guess it's up to me to see what would make you go belly up."

Doc smiled a tight smile while his coal eyes watched the blond vampire detachedly.

"On a vengeance streak, son?" He chuckled. "Heard about your Lady's 'fall'."

Spike was still pulling out one sharp object after another. But he stopped when the demon spoke.

His eyes locked with the black ones. "You bet I am. You hurt the Bit, opened the bloody portal and cuz of you Buffy gave up her life to this sorry world. I'll make sure you won't lay another finger on Dawn."

With a blink, Spike's eyes looked down thoughtfully at Doc's fingers.

Doc smiled a chilling smile. "Just as long you don't blame yourself, vampire." The smile was wiped off in a split-second when the demon let out a blood-curdling scream. Some might describe it as a mix of agonizing human and screeching serpent.

When the black eyes reopened, he saw Spike looking at him in concern. The vampire held up his hand and shook a detached finger at the small man's face. "No possum play now."

 

The End...

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Mera.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: