Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
457
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,397

Small Windows of Time

Summary:

Website:no
Permission to archive: Bella waves to Peja
Fandom(s): House MD
Genre :slash
Pairing/Characters:H/W
Rating: FRT-13
Summary: Slices in time in House and Wilson's relationship
Warnings:none
Notes: Just came to me while trying to sleep through hubby's snoring.
Acknowledgments:Happy Holidays
Submitted through the House MD slash mailing list.

Work Text:

Small Windows of Time
by Belladonna

House was in striped pajama bottoms and a rude t-shirt, lying on his side with his bad leg propped up.

Wilson was wearing dark blue sweat pants and no shirt, propped up against the headboard while reading the newest medical journal, his fingers threading gently through House's hair. The reading light pooled around him and left the rest of the room in shadows, creating a cozy feel.

Aburptly James glanced up and gazed at his lover. He didn't think he'd been this content in his life.

"You're staring again," Greg grumbled. "I can hear it."

James snickered. "Love you," he whispered before going back to reading.

And Greg smiled, his eyes still shut.

~*~*

House stared as Wilson sat beside the bedside of his dying patient. She was a woman from the shelter and had no one. He'd searched, had conscripted the Ducklings to search, but had found no one. She had been no one, except to Wilson.

So now, he was patiently watching her die, occasionally talking to her. After a few minutes she flatlined and he rose heavily to shut off the monitor, absently noting the time on her chart.

When he stepped into the hallway, his eyes blinded with grief, Greg caught him in a bear hug and they stood there. And all was well.

~*~*~

WIlson walked around the corner and stopped dead in his tracks. Stacy was draped over House like an octopus, and he'd be pissed if it wasn't for the amusing look of complete panic on his friend's face.

He hid a smile and strode up. "Hello Stacy, Greg. I thought I'd stop stumbling onto scenes like this years ago."

House paled and his mouth opened to blurt some kind of explanation while Stacy blushed and straightened her business suit with sharp gestures.

Shaking his head minutely at his lover, James saw the look of relief on Greg's face.

"How's your husband, Stacy?" he asked pleasantly.

"He's fine. Thanks you for asking, James."

"Good," he nodded. "That's good. So, just for the record, House and I are lovers and I'd appreciate it if you'd respect our friendship and keep your claws off of him. Okay?"

Now Stacy was the one who paled as James slid an arm around Greg's waist and recieved an affectionate kiss in return. She sputtered something incomprehensible and turned on her heels and strode away.

"Thanks," House said quietly.

James gave him another kiss. "Don't be stupid. Now come on, lover boy. I think I've found you a case."

end