Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,076
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,319

One Kiss

Summary:

companion fic to "Kiss Me"

Work Text:

One kiss. One kiss and that was all it took for Joey to make up his mind  that he wanted to jump Danny’s bones. He’d experienced very few kisses like that, ones that he felt in every fiber of his being.

Joey didn’t know what gave him the courage to ask in the first place. He’d been attracted to Danny for a long time, but he never thought that he’d act on the impulse. There was no guarantee that Danny wouldn’t slug him. Plus, the life expectancy for gay or bi-sexual cops was substantially lower than their straight brothers.

But Danny was also one of the most tolerant men that Joey knew. So, he took advantage of their being alone together. He wondered if Danny realized just how nervous he was.

Joey’s heart dropped into his stomach when he thought Danny was rejecting him, but then Danny kissed him. It was gentle and yet masterful and intense, much like Danny himself. It left him craving for more, yet he decided to take his time. He wanted more than just a quickie. He wanted Danny to realize that this meant something to him.

Joey took his jacket off the hook near the door. He went outside with Danny close behind him. He knew that he was grinning like an idiot but couldn’t seem to help it.

Danny locked the office. “I’ll drive.”

“Okay,” Joey said easily. He slid into the passenger and immediately started to fidget nervously. This was really happening. He was going on a date with Danny. //Get it together. Stop acting like a teenager.//

Danny got in behind the wheel. He took in Joey’s smile but also the tension strung through Joey’s body. “We don’t have to do this,” he said gently. He fidgeted himself. “I mean that if you’ve changed your mind, it’s okay.”

“No, it’s not that,” Joey said quickly. He blushed. “It’s just that I’ve been thinking about this for a long time.”

“About us together?”

Joey felt his cheeks turn an even deeper shade of red. “Yes.”

Danny smiled and patted Joey’s shoulder. “There’s no need to be embarrassed.”

Joey knew that Danny meant the touch to be comforting, but it was having the exact opposite effect. Heat traveled from his shoulder through the rest of his body. He leaned into the contact. Perhaps, he should’ve suggested skipping the coffee.

Danny dropped his hand and started the engine. Both men were quiet on the way to the diner. He parked and gave Joey an encouraging smile. “Come on.”

Joey nodded. He still wanted this, but he was getting more nervous instead of less. Maybe it was because he’d wanted this for so long and was afraid that either of them would blow it. The cool air outside hit his still flushed skin.

The diner was empty except for one waitress and one man sitting at the counter. “Can we get a couple cups of coffee?” Danny asked her and led the way to a booth against the far wall.

She was a tall, skinny blonde number with green eyes. Her nametag read Gilda. She nodded to Danny and then to Joey. “Sure.”

Joey sat across from Danny. He folded his hands in his lap and wondered how Danny could appear so calm. He was sure that Danny was as interested in him as he was in Danny.

Gilda brought the two coffees and set one in front of each man. “Anything else?” she asked brightly.

Danny looked at Joey briefly and then shook his head. “No, thanks,” he said pleasantly.

“If either of you need anything else, just let me know.“ With that, she walked away.

Danny regarded Joey intently. “You okay?” he asked quietly.

Joey heard the concern in Danny’s voice. He managed a smile as he wrapped his fingers around his mug. “Yeah.”

An awkward silence ensued. Danny added sugar to his coffee and took a sip. He kept his voice low. “I’m really glad you asked me to do that earlier.”

Joey felt that stupid smile trying to break out again. Still, the nervousness kept his back straight. “Me, too.”

“But, if you’re not comfortable, we don’t have to continue this.”

“That’s not it,” Joey answered right away. “I’m just a little nervous. Aren’t you?”

Danny smiled ruefully. “Me? I’m scared shitless.”

Joey folded his arms across his chest and leaned against the back of the booth, some of the tension finally draining. “Well, you don’t show it.”

Danny chuckled and pointed at Joey. “I can’t believe it. You’re pouting.”

“I don’t pout, Danny,” Joey said flatly and held in a laugh of his own.

“That’s what it looks like to me.”

Joey snorted but was pleased to see the sparkle in Danny’s eyes. “Then you need glasses, my friend.”

They continued to chat (with a little bit of flirting thrown in) until Joey was completely at ease. It was so easy for him to talk to Danny. Danny seemed to understand him so well.

After his third cup, Danny pushed his mug away. “I think I’m coffeed-out for the night.”

Joey drained the rest of his and slid out of the booth. “Me, too. I’ve got to use to the john.”

Danny followed suit. “Me, too.”

They stood next to each other at the urinals. Joey found himself peeking over at Danny. He was pleased to see that Danny had a long, slender cock.

Danny caught him. “What are you doing?”

Joey smirked. “Just admiring, Danny.”

It was Danny’s turn to blush. He finished, tucked himself back in, and went to wash his hands. Just then, the man from the counter walked in and Danny said to Joey, “I’ll drop you off at your place on my way home.”

Again, the car was quiet, but this time it was a companionable silence. Danny pulled into the parking lot of Joey’s apartment building. Joey put a hand on his knee. “You want to come in?”

Danny looked at Joey, his face betraying his conflicting emotions. “I don’t know if that’s such a good idea.”

Joey ran his hand along the inside of Danny’s leg up to Danny’s thigh. “I think it’s a great idea.”

“And if we’re caught--”

Joey cut him off. “We’ll just have to be careful.” He leaned in close to Danny’s ear. “I want you, Danny. And you can’t tell me that you don’t want me too.” He paused. “And this is about more than sex for me. I want you to know that.”

Danny touched Joey’s cheek just like he had in the office. “I know. That’s how it is for me too.”

Joey shut his eyes at the tender gesture. “Then come up.”

Danny’s voice was a husky whisper. “Okay.”

 

end