Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
600
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,052

Kiss Me

Summary:

answer to "Kiss Me" challenge

Work Text:

“Would you kiss me?”

Late at night. Alone in the office and this request was the last thing Danny  expected. He froze. He must have heard wrong. He gaped at Joey standing in  front of his desk. “What?”

Joey’s tone was serious and there was a warmth in his eyes. “Would you kiss me?” he repeated.

Danny opened his mouth and shut it again. Why was Joey asking him this and why was he actually considering it? The idea didn’t repulse him in the least. But it should have. Right?

Joey came around to Danny’s side of the desk. “Please, Danny,” he said softly.

Danny had to look away from Joey’s hopeful face and shuffled the papers in front of him. “Joey, I…” he stammered. He cleared his throat and tried again, but was as unsuccessful as the first time. “That is…”

Joey frowned and ran a hand through his hair. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked. I just…I thought…” he stuttered. He shook his head, plainly disappointed in himself. “I don’t know what I thought. I’m so stupid. You won’t tell the others, will you?”

Without consciously thinking about it, Danny reacted to Joey’s dejected tone of voice and his own irrational need to make it better. He swiftly stood and grabbed Joey’s arm before Joey could back away. “No, you’re not stupid and I won’t breathe a word of it.”

Joey stared at Danny’s chest. “I shouldn’t have asked.”

Danny kept his grip on Joey’s arm. He gave a small smile and tried to break the tension. “I’m flattered, really,” he said with light sincerity.

Joey’s shoulders slumped and he still refused to meet Danny’s face. He sighed heavily. “But not interested. Just forget I said anything.”

Suddenly, Danny realized how close they were standing together. The heat from Joey’s body triggered something inside of him. He should’ve put some distance between them before things could get out of hand. Instead, he touched the side of Joey’s face with his free hand.

Joey’s wide eyes met Danny’s and his startled expression melted as quickly as it appeared. He smiled, covered Danny’s hand with his, and turned his head to kiss his palm. Then he licked his lips, staring at Danny expectantly.

Danny’s fingers slid along Joey’s jaw in a gentle caress. They came to rest at the back of Joey’s neck and he tugged him forward. At first, he barely touched Joey’s lips with his own. They were warm and soft, but with an appealing strength not found in the females he’d kissed. The touch sparked a fire within him and he pressed harder, his tongue asking admittance.

Joey whimpered and opened his mouth. He eagerly drew Danny inside to taste and be tasted. He wrapped his arms around Danny and ran his hands up and down his back.

Danny was surprised by how much he liked kissing Joey. Joey’s body was firm and hot pressing against him. He only broke off when the need for air became too great.

They were both quiet for a long moment, still in each other’s arms and just staring at the other’s face. Suddenly, Joey gave his most charming grin. “Want to go for a cup of coffee?”

Danny had seen that grin before, namely when Joey tried to chat up girls. “Like a date?”

Joey nodded, not showing any signs of embarrassment over what they’d just done. “Exactly like a date.”

Neither of them were strangers to great risk, but if they were caught in a compromising position, then a career down the toilet would be the least of their worries. Still, Danny wanted to. “I must be crazy,” he muttered. Then he grinned back. “But okay. Sounds good.”

end